Chapter 3

"Valentini you have to stop floor diving when your pads are down, seriously" Our athletic trainer, Caroline, fusses

Caroline is cool. She's young, can't be older than 28.

"I know Caroline I know, it's my bad I totally forgot I didn't pull them up" I stress back. This is every other day.

"You tell me that every time you come in here girl. You know once you bust this knee ice will not help how it does now. You need to be more careful" she continues to fuss as she wraps my knees with some ice. "Please do not make me call your dad, you know I have him on speed dial."

"Okay Caroline I get it please do not call Riccardo he will curse me out for real." I say hoping off the table once she is finished.

"Mhm don't force my hand." She says with a sly smirk.

I let out a laugh and tell her goodbye before walking out of the training room.

Practice today was intense. All types of drills testing me and my abilities to keep the ball up. The girls we play this coming Friday are good spikers, so I have to be prepared.

I walk back to the locker room and quickly grab my thing before heading back out to the gym area.

While I was walking off the courts, I ran into something hard, or shall I say someone. I stumble back before I catch myself.

"My bad Tini." A voice calls out.

I look up to see what big body giant has decided to truck me today. When I look up I am met with a familiar face, Seb.

Seb is cool. I met him when he moved here from up north in middle school. I was almost as close with him as I am with Rem. Seb and I kind of had a sister brother relationship. I knew I could tell him everything and he would be ten toes behind me. Truly I could do no wrong in his eyes. Seb is a golden retriever, he's cute, athletic and very reliable. He has a heart of gold for sure.

"Sheesh Seb you almost knocked me over bookie." I say being dramatic

"Sorry, but it's not my fault you're so tiny, how is that anyway your dad is a literal giant, and your momma is like average height with her fine tail." He says with a boyish grin all over his face .

"Uh not too much on Ric lady mister." I shoot back jokingly.

"Ric is honestly the side man but don't tell her I told you the big secret" he says letting out a small laugh.

I gasp and slap his arm before laughing.

"You are too much child."

"Yeah anyways, you coming out with us tonight?" He ask as he grabs my bag from me and walks me in the direction I was originally going

"Out where? The diner?" I question.

The diner is the hangout spot. It's set up like any 50's themed diner. It became a thing when Rem Cat and I would constantly go to hang out or study.