Chapter 18

Part one 

As the referee blows the whistle, the gymnasium erupts into a cacophony of cheers and chants

As the referee blows the whistle, the gymnasium erupts into a cacophony of cheers and chants. The two teams clad in their vibrant jerseys, take their positions on opposite sides of the net, eyes filled with determination.

Lets go Rellla

The first serve soars over the net, met with a perfect pass from the opposing team. Quick exchanges follow, each team showcasing their agility and skill. The crowd gasp as a powerful spike thunders down from  only to be expertly dug by a diving libero, sending the ball back into play with precision.

that's my girl

With each rally, the intensity grows. Cheers erupt with every point scored, and groans echo throughout the gym with each missed opportunity. 

Amidst the adrenaline-fueled chaos, a moment of perfect synchronization emerges. The setter delivers a flawless set, the timing perfect and place, Liv jumps up off her feet and send it back over the net with a powerful hit. the ball crashes down onto the opponent's side, scoring the winning point for their team.

The gymnasium erupts into a deafening roar of applause and celebration. Sweaty and exhausted, the players exchanged high-fives and hugs, their faces glowing with the satisfaction of a hard-fought victory.

"Last game" the ref announces after a few minutes of rest.

The tension is high. Gabbi, dashes towards the corner of the court, her eyes are focused on the descending volleyball, but mine are on Liv who is also going to the same hit. With split-second timing, Gabbi sets her stance, her arms outstretched to make the crucial dig. But just as her fingers make contact with the ball, she and Liv collide.

My heart stops as I watch her tumble to the ground. There is a loud smack as her head hits the hardwood.

"Oh my goodness," Cat exclaims, jumping up just as I do. We both rush to the bottom of the bleachers.

 We both rush to the bottom of the bleachers

Black all i see is black.

Either I've gone deaf or everyone is dead quiet. I don't want to move. The pain that I'm feeling in my head has left me paralyzed.