Chapter 55

Harper Bry

It's been 6 years. It's been 6 years since she left and we still don't know where she is.

Even her family doesn't know where she is. She left without saying goodbye. The day after she went to our condo, she left. Her mother said she was shocked when she called her and asked several questions. She asked about the truths and reasons why things happened. She said London slept after that revelation but when they woke up, she was gone.

I and Brielle are still in the Philippines right now. Our flight that day was canceled due to some technical problem. Dahil doon, hindi kami nakaalis nung araw na yon at dapat ay sa next day na but then, London went missing. We weren't able to leave the Philippines until then because now I'm still helping her family to find her.

At first, of course they are mad at me, especially Leigh. They are blaming me for what happened and she said kung hindi ko lang daw iyon sinabi, baka kasama parin namin siya.

It took them 5 years to forgive me and yes, last year lang ulit nila ako kinausap ng mahinahon though Leigh still raising her eyebrows on me sometimes.

London's parent and brother talked to me as well. They said that it is not my fault that it was Brielle's father who did that to her. Ang sabi pa nila ay hindi ko naman daw iyon kaano ano so why am I avoiding her. Why left her?

Honestly, tita knew the truth already weeks before I decided to break up with London. She got mad of course but she loves her daughter so much so she asked me not to hurt her daughter. To stay with her, but I was so embarrassed to myself to act like nothing is happening so I told her my plan. She don't like it of course, that is why she always calling me and trying to convinced me but to no vail.

And about Brielle they still accept her because even her, it's not her fault that her father was a rapist and she is innocent about it. She even doesn't know what rape is.

Since then, madalas na rin kunin nila tita si Brielle to play with them 'cause sometimes, she reminds them of their daughter.

Now, the only problem we have is where can we find that girl! And if ever she'll come back... Tita said she will respect whatever desicion she may do especially if it is about us.

Kung sila ay tinanggap at napatawad na kami, hindi daw siya makakasigurado kung ganoon din si London. So I must respect her decision as well.

I was busy checking my students' paper when I heard knocks from outside. I stood up upang pagbuksan ang sino man ito pero parang kaagad na nagsisi ng makita ko ito.

"Hi, Beautiful. Still working? Mag-lunch muna tayo sa labas. My treat."

I look at the time and almost 12pm na nga. I faced her again.

"I can't, Miss Carlos. I'm busy." I answered her.

It's exam week now so it is not surprising why teachers are busy for now aside to this girl in front of me.

Kahit ata may meeting siya ay nakukuha niya pa ring puntahan ako kapag lunch na.

She is Stephanie Carlos, daughter of the president of this school. Lumipat na ako ng school 2 years ago. This is a co-education school, by the way. Simula nung lumipat ako dito ay siya ring pangungulit ng babaeng to sa akin. She likes me. Pagkakita palang niya sa akin ay nilalandi na ako. Tsk.

Of course, her father knows about it. All people in the school, actually.

I chose this school because it caught my attention. This school is like a liberated school or what so ever na pwede kahit anong gawin mo. Teacher-Student relationship is acceptable here, might as well as LGBT. The only thing that is forbidden here is making chaos or fight, especially bullying.