six

Silence reigned

Sasuke received his food from Ayame. Said his thanks, and doing as Naruko did before, he began to slowly eat. When he was half finished, and Naru was on her third bowl, he finally looked in her direction.

Naruko raised a perfectly arched, golden eyebrow. "Yeah?" She asked with a mouthful of food.

Shaking his head in silent amusement, Sasuke let a smirk take over his usually blank face. "Nothing, I was just thinking about how we all assumed you were just that happy-go-lucky idiot this whole time"

"You know what they say about assuming, it makes an ass out of you and me" brushing away her golden bangs, Naruko began to pout rather cutely.

"I mean, it's a little weird" When he noticed her expression, Sasuke started to chuckle. It was cold and clipped, and it sent a shiver down the blonde's back. "You're so much different than the dobe we're used to."

Naruko said nothing, still put-off by his chuckle. Knowing he had to continue, she ordered a fifth bowl of ramen while Sasuke finished.

"This has been bothering me, but why did you always try to challenge me while under the guise of a boy?" He asked curiously

The question caught her off guard, but she quickly came up with an answer. "Because, you looked pathetic" The crystal blue eyes of the blonde shone with an inner light at the raven.

Sasuke's eyebrows furrowed in anger at the blunt rudeness, "What?"

"You always sulked in some dark corner, your own aloofness and hatred clouding your judgment and shrouding you in a dark aura" she explained

"It disturbed me, and I wanted to break you out of that state you were in" she narrowed her eyes "I'm not like those mindless fools, who only saw your appearance and dramatic setback, I saw-- SEE the real you, I wanted to help you" After her little speech she shrugged, though Sasuke detected through her nonchalance her sincerity.

"Tomorrow at five" Was the last thing Naruko said, refocusing on her meal, never specifying if she meant in the morning or night.

Sasuke stared at her as she continued to eat as if nothing happened; Sasuke was not worrying about her last statement, but the one before that.

Not like those mindless fools. Not like those fan girls who only saw his looks and tough demeanor.

Confused, obsidian ice met deep, stirring blue waves.

Eyes.

Eyes that held no idolization.

Eyes that wanted to help.

Eyes that felt and understood his anger

Eyes......

Eyes that shared his pain