fifteen

"Are you doing this on purpose? You are aren't you?"

Naruko was finally back in her apartment, at the moment she was preparing her necessary equipments for the mission. She nearly dropped the shuriken onto her feet when she heard Kurama's unexpected voice "Stop suddenly speaking up without a warning! You frightened me" she hissed

"Oh?" The fox chuckled darkly. "You? Frightened? So you're really becoming a girl"

"Damn it, shut up fur ball! It's not my fault! Its-"

"Alright, then answer this one: was that on purpose?"

Growling Naruko turned to stare at herself in the mirror. "What are you talking about?"

The demon fox sounded as if he was yawning.  "Oh you know, that thing with Kakashi and Iruka earlier? The little incident in the old fool's office today... you know what I'm referring to"

Naruko bit her lip, and shook her head. "No, I don't know what you-"

"Even days ago, with the old man's son and grandson" he reminded. Naruko blinked, confused. "Asuma and Konohamaru? What did I do? You're not making any sense Kurama"

Naruko let her long blonde hair down. Her hair reached past her back side now... she should cut this right? Long hair like this could become a hassle in a battle. But that would be a total waste, her hair was so pretty and shiny and healthy!

She huffed and reached for her comb and another hair tie.

"You seriously don't know what you're doing? That Hatake idiot got jealous of your academy teacher because you praised him and looked at him with adoration"

Jealous? Surely Kakashi-sensei wouldn't be-

Blushing furiously and growling, Naruko blocked the fox entirely out of her mind and headed to the kitchen to get an instant ramen.

After finishing her ramen and origini, she threw the empty cup and box to the trash can and headed to her closet, then opened it and scrutinized the clothes.

Whistling she brought out clothes for tomorrow. Dark orange sweater, black shorts, arm protectors and black long kunoichi boots. Perfect.

The incident in the Hokage's office today was not quite her plan. In fact, she didn't actually intended to piss Kakashi off, she even felt a little guilty for making him feel that way.

"He looked so mad" Grumbling she went back to her bag. Kurama's words floated in her head, and the vain part of her told her that she actually knew it would have happened...

"Hmm.. ah "

Sighing softly she looked into the mirror again.

Seriously she was so beautiful, her heart shaped face, rosy cheeks, peony pink plump lips, and mesmerizing blue eyes. She couldn't help but reach to trace her cheeks, feeling the wire-like-feeling of her whisker-like-birth marks. She smiled at herself.

Back when she was Naruto she never considered herself good looking in any way. Not even above average, Sakura's abusive words and the villager's disdainful glares had destroyed his confidence about his appearance.

But it wasn't like Naruto could focus or care about those things too much, he was too busy trying to get Sasuke back.

"No, don't think about that" she whispered to herself, slapping her cheeks. "It's all in the past... This is your new life, you're Naruko now" she mumbled. "This is a second chance... your chance for a better future"

She decided to clear her head with a warm shower

*

Kakashi advanced toward the stone monument. His steps were muffled as he walked through the dew covered grass. Lovingly he reached out a hand and traced his fingers over the stone.

"Obito, Rin, I'm so sorry" He took a deep shuddering breath before continuing. "I haven't been coming around as often"

He laughed a bit as he spoke the words. "I uhh, I have my own team now, you know, something crazy happened to one of my students, like, absolutely mind boggling" his mind thought of Naruko, he imagined her smirking mischievously, before it morphed to a teasing smile

Kakashi shook his head

"Do you believe in gender-change?"

He stood silently lost in memories of a long ago time.

"..I won't be coming back here, not for a while, I'm Sorry, tell sensei that I'll take care of Naruto--well, he- she goes by Naruko now? Or has always been Naruko but the disguise was--You know how confusing this is?!" He messed up his hair and released another laugh

"I love you guys."

Kneeling down he placed two small flowers on the memorial stone. And, as he stood up, the mist washed over the stone.