forty four

Sasuke and Naruko charged at the Ame-nin. The enemy ninja threw kunais at them which they deflected and Naruko summoned a dozen shadow clones and surrounded the Ame-nin

"Look at me, surrounded by several hot chicks, I'm so lucky" the Ame-nin said with a perverted grin. The Narukos gagged before attacking again

The ninja managed to avoid their attacks but just barely and decide to change courses. He went running to Sasuke's direction. The raven haired boy narrowed his eyes, his Sharingan activated, and started forming the hand signs for the fire ball jutsu "Katon: Housenka no jutsu!" He said puffing hard and blowing out a giant fire ball.

The Ame-nin tried to avoid the flames but two Naruko's appeared on either side of him and held him in place. A third Naruko came running to him and sent a roundhouse kick to his jaw sending him flying back and hitting his back against a tree knocking him out cold.

"Let's get back to Sakura" Sasuke said panting, out of breath. Naruko nodded and was about to walk back, before she turned back and pulled out ninja wire from her weapon's pouch and tied up the enemy ninja.

"Good idea" Sasuke said.

"We make a pretty good team you and I" Naruko said with a beam. The raven haired boy blushed at the statement but turned his head to the side hoping Naruko wouldn't notice. She however, did still see the pinkness of his cheeks. "Yeah we do" Sasuke agreed

Wanting to get more reactions from Sasuke she grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers and began running back to where they came from. "You'll rip my arm off!" Sasuke said but Naruko just giggled girlishly, causing Sasuke to sigh and just let her drag him.

*

Sakura was pacing back and forth impatiently, her hand in her pocket fiddling with the mushrooms she plucked.

When she heard footsteps she looked over and saw Sasuke and Naruko running towards her. Her eyes zeroed in on their joined hands causing her to fume. "I want to chop her hands off" she thought angrily but shooed her anger away and smiled at Sasuke.

"What did you guys talk about?" She asked

"Nothing you need to be concerned about Sakura" Sasuke said. "Listen this forest is dangerous and filled with enemy ninjas, we can't trust anyone" he said. Naruko nodded "I think we should have a safe word we should use on each other. There is a high chance if we get separated and then reunite, one of us is an enemy disguised as us"

"That's smart" Sasuke said.

"We should use something short and easy to remember, but significant and something only the three of us would know about" Naruko said. "I really didn't like the password Sasuke came up with back then, it was too long for me to memorize"

"How about this. If you think one is an imposter, we say 'Zabuza' and the other person should reply 'Haku'. If they can't, then it's obvious they're an imposter" Naruko suggested.

Sasuke nodded looking thoughtful. "Zabuza and Haku, from our first real mission, yes that should work for us"

"We should get going, I'll hold the scroll" Naruko said. Sasuke nodded and was about to hand her the scroll, but Sakura spoke up "Why should Naruko be the one to hold the scroll? She could lose it easily!"

"Naruko's very reliable, sufficient and capable. She's proven time and time again she can handle any task given to her, I say she's more than capable of carrying the scroll" Sasuke said.

Naruko, while Sasuke wasn't looking, sent Sakura a smug look just to piss her off. It worked, the girl turned red with anger but she knew if she made a scene Sasuke would just be angry at her and think she's unreliable.

"Let's keep going" Naruko said already running ahead, Sasuke and Sakura followed.

"I really don't feel like engaging in more fights than necessary, we could always just avoid fighting, thanks to my memories of the past I could easily lead us out of situations that would end up with us having to deal with enemy ninjas" Naruko thought. "Wait no we still need their scrolls, or do we? Wait my memories of what happened last time are a bit muddled.."

Suddenly she halted in her tracks, Sasuke and Sakura froze right behind her. "Naru?" Sasuke asked

"I know you're there, come and show yourself instead of spying on us like some creep!" She snapped at the trees. Then, a Kusa kunoichi revealed herself from behind the trees, smirking cruelly.

"You want the Earth scroll don't you?" She swallowed the Earth scroll whole. "Well let us begin the battle for the scrolls! Life or d-" Naruko charged immediately, cocking her first back and then punching the kunoichi's stomach VERY hard that the kunoichi was sent flying into the air and lands head first on the ground, the kunoichi vomited out the scroll she swallowed.

Naruko made a disgusted face "I am NOT touching that, Sasuke you pick it up"

"Y-you! I wasn't done talking!" The kunoichi snarled gasping for air

"Fine I'll take it" Naruko said with a groan ignoring the Kunoichi and picking up the scroll.

"Well it was nice talking to you but we have places to be, bye!" Naruko said running off, Sasuke and Sakura followed after her.

They kept running until they were sure they were far away from the kunoichi and stopped to rest, pressing their backs against a tree. "Well that was easy" Naruko said with a chuckle. Sasuke just shook his head. "That kunoichi unnerved me, she- snake!" He pointed at a huge snake nearby, just staring at them

Naruko narrowed her eyes at the reptile. She reached behind her for a kunai and threw it at the snake, she wounded it, the snake screamed and slithered away from them, blood seeping from it's wound. The trio leaped on a branch above it.

Suddenly something bursted from the skin of the snake

Sakura gasped in horror and Naruko held Sasuke's hand tightly. Sasuke looked at Naruko in surprise before returning his attention to the snake. The kunoichi from before appeared from within the snake

"Don't lower your gaurd even for a moment, prey must-" the kunoichi was interrupted by Naruko "Blah blah blah more scary monologuing just shut up and fight us instead!" She yelled with a smirk.

The kunoichi growled dangerously "You're seriously pissing me off little girl! I'm going to enjoying scarring that beautiful face of yours"

"Oh you think I'm beautiful? Thanks but I already knew that"

"Idiot stop provoking her!" Sakura hissed

Naruko leaped down from the tree branch and landed a couple of feet away from the Kunoichi, grinning sadistically "let's dance"