fifty one

It was only when Naruko and Sasuke were in front of her door after they'd finished shopping that Naruko realized she forgot something crucial.

Itachi fucking Uchiha was in her apartment

"Fuuuck" she groaned in her mind. "What am I supposed to do? Sasuke can't see Itachi! He'll go ballistic" she bites her lip as she pretends to look for her key in her purse. "But then again, maybe not? Maybe I've completely erased all his hatred for his brother, he seemed to have taken it quite well when I told him I met with his brother in my apartment back at the forest of death"

"Naruko?" Sasuke peeked over her shoulder. The blonde giggles awkwardly before pulling her hand out of her purse. "I uh can't find my key"

Sasuke raised a brow before twisting the door knob and opening the door a crack. He gave Naruko a disapproving look. "You left without locking your door? That's irresponsible, what if someone tries to steal from you?"

"Oh, I didn't lock the door? Must have slipped my mind. And besides I don't have anything worth stealing, all my stuff came from the garbage, or hand me downs from Iruka and lord third" Naruko said with a shrug.

She opened the door fully and entered, but stopped Sasuke when he was about to follow her inside. "Wait! Uh, give me ten minutes to clean my place up" she said. Sasuke raised a brow "I've already seen your place Naruko, it's messy but not that bad. I'll help"

"No! I mean, no need. Just wait here for ten minutes, okay? Okay!" She slammed the door shut to his face and looked around her small apartment.

She saw Itachi's discarded shirt, mesh armor, and cloak, but no signs of Itachi anywhere. Did he already leave? That would be disappointing, but also for the better. "No he hasn't left yet, his stuff is still here"

Shaking her head she gathered Itachi's items and hid them in her closet. She folded the futon and shoved it under her bed, and shoved the garbage from last night in the trash bag.

Her bathroom door opened and out stepped the man she was looking for. "Itachi! You're still here" Naruko gave an exasperated laugh.

"Naruko, you look a bit flustered, is something the matter?" Itachi asked, watching as she ran around the place kicking laundry under her bed and throwing junk out the window.

"It's Sasuke, I invited him over for breakfast but I forgot you're still here. You need to stay out of sight until he leaves" Naruko explained. "Which is a shame, I was hoping to have breakfast with you too" she sighed.

Itachi smiled. "Maybe some other time Naru" he said. This cheered Naruko up, she smiled back at the Uchiha "Right. Anyway, maybe you should hide in the bathroom until Sasuke leaves, just ..don't make any noise" she pushes him back inside the bathroom, blushing slightly as her hands pressed against his firm abs.

"Be quiet!" She said before closing the door.

She then hurried over to let Sasuke in. "Okay I'm done cleaning up! Just sit down and I'll make us breakfast" she said with a wide smile, pulling Sasuke inside.

Sasuke placed the groceries on the table. "I think you should just sit down Naruko, I'll cook breakfast" he said, taking out the eggs, instant noodle cups, and other assortment of vegetables. He didn't know why but he had this powerful feeling of a need to provide for Naruko. Subconsciously he scratched the mark again.

"Oh, that's okay Sas, I'll do it. After all I'm the one who invited you here" Naruko said, standing by the bathroom door praying that Sasuke wouldn't use it.

"I bet you only know how to cook noodle related food. Just leave the kitchen to me, I'll conjure up something new for you" Sasuke stubbornly said.

Naruko frowned and huffed. She knows how to cook other food besides noodles! She can cook fried eggs and fried chicken! And her evenings spent cooking with Kakashi helped her with other delicacies too! But whatever. If Sasuke wants to show off his cooking prowess she'll let him be, she won't be impressed with whatever he comes up with.