nine

When Naruko and Sasuke arrived at the training grounds again, they found Sakura slowly dozing off. Naruko walked over to the three training posts, sitting on top of the middle one. Sasuke just shrugged his shoulders and leaned against the one on the left.

Sakura, seeing her longtime crush, immediately perked up, wiping away any traces of her momentary sleep induced stupor. When her eyes landed on the blonde she snarled in loathing, her stomach doing the same but out of hunger.

Ten minutes later, their tall Jounin teacher 'poof'ed into the clearing. "Yo" Was his simple reply, the orange book clasped tightly in his hand.

"You're late!" Sakura screeched, enraged at her sensei's unprofessional behavior.

She then began ranting about proper etiquette and how being on time showed respect and willingness to be at the place specified. Everyone else sweat dropped and ignored the ranting pinkette until she finally tired herself out.

Kakashi cleared his throat in frustration, glaring at the pinkette for a moment, and began to explain what the exam would entail.

He held up two small bells. "Your assignment is very simple" he began

"Just take these bells from me, you have until noon, If you don't get a bell, you don't get lunch" he explained gleefully

"So that's why you said not to eat breakfast!" Shouted Sakura, grimacing at the sharp hunger pang.

Next to her Naruko and Sasuke shared slightly guilty looks. But then Naruko winked conspiratorially at Sasuke, smiling mischievously. "It's like we share a secret, between the two of us" Sasuke thought, turning slightly red at Naruko's wink

"There's only two bells, sensei." Sakura's expression was a cross between pain and confusion, the pain slowly winning out.

"Thank you, captain obvious" Naruko thought bitterly, narrowing her eyes a little

"Oh, right, I almost forgot to mention" Kakashi chuckled "besides not getting lunch, you'll have to revoke your ninja license and immediately go back to the Academy"

Pausing for effect he continued "There's at least, a sixty-six percent chance of failing"

The two Genin widened their eyes in shock, while Naruko merely rolled hers

"Scare tactics?" She asked teasingly, inspecting a nail. Sakura and Sasuke glanced in her direction before turning back to Kakashi, who was currently inspecting the blonde before him.

"You...you can use any weapons, skills, and jutsu you know" he said, forcing his attention away from the confident blonde "If you don't come at me with the intent to kill, you won't be able to get a bell"

"B-but sensei, that's too dangerous! We could seriously hurt you!" Sakura shouted in bewilderment, green eyes wide and fearful.

Kakashi chuckled at the naivety of the pink haired girl "When I say start we begin"

He raised his hand to ruffle his hair, discreetly doing a hand seal behind his book. With a small poof, an identical pair of bells sat in his palm.

He combed his fingers through his hair before placing the fake bells in his left pocket, the real ones clutched in the hand holding his precious hentai.

Naruko noticed all of this

"Start" He exclaimed lazily, face still hidden behind the book.

Dropping a smoke bomb at her feet, Naruko jumped away, the thick smoke obscuring her movements. Sasuke used the smoke to hide as well, rolling away to follow after Naruko

Sasuke thanked her in his head repeatedly for helping him with the exercise.

The blonde and raven landed on a tree branch and stayed quietly observing their teacher

Sakura, not knowing what to do, fled from the area. She ran towards the shrubs outlining the field, hiding behind a random bush. She was panting heavily and looking around for her precious Sasuke-kun. Not finding him in her line of vision, panic soon seized her movements. She stumbled through the bushes, calling out his name

"Why is he just standing there reading? Is this a joke?" Sasuke whispered to Naruko, a thick undertone of irritation flooding his words.

The blonde didn't say anything, instead eyeing the Jounin before her critically. "I can change this test to my favor, since I know what happens next."

As the thought flew through her mind, Kakashi soon disappeared out of the clearing.

"I could help Sakura from the mental turmoil she's about to go through, but…I don't feel like it"  Naruko jumped from the branch, beckoning behind her for Sasuke to follow. She soon picked up the familiar scent of Kakashi, and followed it silently.