forty six

The days passed by in a blur. Naruko and Sasuke, with the help of Ino, Shikamaru and Choji(although they weren't really that helpful as Naruko did most of the work) defeated many enemies that tried to attack them. Thanks to Naruko there were no serious injuries beyond scratches and scrapes, she impressed her allies with her battle prowess.

Ino felt jealous of Naruko, but also admired her and felt a sense of hero worship for Naruko. "She's so cool!" She excitedly thought as Naruko sent an enemy nin flying into the air and landing on their back, unmoving. "I wish I was like her" she thought.

Sakura felt immense relief that she didn't need to fight anyone for her survival. Everyone else(mostly Naruko) was taking care of the enemy ninjas for her. Of course, they obviously weren't her lackeys doing the heavy lifting for her, they were fighting for their own survival. But Sakura prefers to think that they were doing it for her.

As she watched Naruko fight the enemies with grace and power, a dark but captivating smile on her beautiful face that would be sprayed with the blood of their enemies, Sakura felt strong hatred and jealousy. Just why....why was Naruko everything she wasn't? Naruko had it all.

Beauty, brains, bravery, cunningness, strength, admiration of their peers, and most importantly the eyes of Sasuke Uchiha. Sakura knew, oh she KNEW that HER Sasuke was in love, yes, in LOVE, with that conniving little demoness.

He didn't mind at all that her clothes were stained with the blood of enemy ninjas. He was fine with holding her hand, arm, or looking at her with such gentleness..it made Sakura sick to her stomach.

She felt shitty, and a waste of space. And she hated Naruko for it. She hated the blonde bitch for stealing everything that should have been hers. Naruko should have stayed as Naruto and remained in the background, ignored and hated by everyone in the village.

Sakura reached into her pocket and felt the mushrooms in her pocket. Maybe...she could.....

*

"Kabuto's shocked expression was so funny" Naruko thought as she smiled down at the lifeless corpse of her enemy. Like Orochimaru's treatment, she had punched a hole through Kabuto's chest, and ripped out his heart.

She tossed the organ up and down before crushing it with her hand.

"Sorry Kabuto, but I need you dead for me to achieve my dream life" she said turning her back from the corpse and walking back to where she, Sasuke, Sakura, along with Ino and her team were resting. They decided to stick together for the time being as they were a lot stronger together.

Naruko knew that Shikamaru thought that that was bullshit because Naruko was clearly the strongest one and she could protect all of them herself. But the Nara didn't saying anything, thank goodness. "I wonder why he and Sasuke kept glaring at each other, and why does Shikamaru keep staring at me weirdly?" She wondered. "You really are dense as a rock. Couldn't you sense the Nara desiring you?"

"What the- Desiring me?! No way, I doubt Shikamaru is even interested in anything besides lazing around or shoji" Naruko huffed.

"Why do you think he kept eyeing your prominent assets? He might be more prudent but he's still a growing boy. His hormones are acting up" Kurama said matter-of-factly.

"If you don't believe me, then test him"

"What do you mean?"

But Kurama didn't reply anymore, retreating to the darkest corner of her mind. Naruko looked down at her hands. They were dirty from the blood of Kabuto, and there were some blood that was splashed on her face. She should clean up before meeting back with the others.