fifty three

Months passed, and before Naruko knew it she was just one week away from entering her first heat.

During those months she dealt with with Sakura's gifts of 'friendship' which mostly consisted of food--Naruko ate a few of those and threw away the rest-- she was visited by Tazuna and his grandson Inari, who immediately attached himself to her hips as soon as he saw her.

Inari had met Konohamaru. She expected the two to be friends quickly, but instead there was open hostility between the two younger boys. Naruko didn't really paid much attention to it, guessing Konohamaru was simply jealous of Inari for being so attached to her. "He was probably just worried I might like Inari more than him, heh, cute kid" Naruko thought with a chuckle

Ino and her also became closer. Naruko didn't understand how it happened. One day she was just walking around the village ignoring the lecherous stares sent towards her, the next she was shopping for clothes with Ino. The pale blonde just popped out of nowhere and interlaced their fingers, beaming at her and suggesting they check a certain new store together. Naruko couldn't remember the name of the store.

Shikamaru would drop by the Uchiha district to fetch her every Sunday afternoon, mostly just to take her cloud watching or to play a round of shoji with him. She still wasn't a very good player but she was managing.

Itachi would secretly visit her room during the cover of the night, and they would exchange pleasant talks during tea.

The only truly shocking thing that happened to her was one that included blood, running down her thighs coming from her lady part. She woke up in the early mornings to a sticky warm feeling in her lower regions. Confused, she went to the bathroom and lifted her sleeping gown only to panic and almost scream when she saw so much blood running down her thighs to her legs.

"WHAT THE HELL WHAT THE HELL WHAT THE HELL?! w-why is my vagina all--bloodied?!" It was at that moment as well that she realizes her lower stomach was cramping, very painfully.

She dropped to her knees and hugged herself.

"Kurama what's going on?! What's happening?! Ahhh! My fucking vagina hurts!"

"With how long it took to finally happen I honestly forgot about..this nasty monthly occurrence" Kurama sounded FUCKING amused, it pissed Naruko off so much.

"What the fuck do you mean monthly occurrence?!"

But the fox remained quiet, angering Naruko even more. She crawls to the bathtub and screams in her mind. "SASUKE!!!!!"

the high pitched, blood curdling screaming in his mind woke Sasuke up immediately. The boy fell out of bed and rushed to his closet, pushing aside the clothes hanging, he slides open the hidden door that connects their rooms together. He rushed inside Naruko's room, but found her bed empty.

"Naruko?" He called out.

"BATHROOM!" he heard her pained scream from down the hall.

Sasuke grabbed a kunai and rushed to the bathroom, there he saw Naruko crawled to a ball in the tub, a trail of blood on the floor, and a small pool of blood in the tub coming from between her legs.

"Naruko! Are you okay?!"

"DO I FUCKING LOOK OKAY TO YOU?! BASTARD!" she screams before becoming silent, rocking herself back and forth. Sasuke forces himself to calm down, the blood everywhere was not a good sight but panicking won't help Naruko, who was in so much pain she looked like she could faint any second.

Sasuke could only think of one thing to do

"Naruko, I need to see where all the blood is coming from" Sasuke said. "Lift your gown up"

Naruko groans, rubbing her lower regions. "It's coming from my....my....."

"Naruko I need to see it"

Too tired and in pain to argue, Naruko just lifts up her sleeping gown, exposing her blood coated lower region to Sasuke.

Sasuke rationalizes what could be causing Naruko to leak out blood. He runs through his mind everything he knew about the female anatomy from the few books about them that he owns...before coming to only one conclusion.

"Naruko, you're on your first period" he calmly states.

"P-period?" Naruko rubs her lower stomach. "What's that?"

Sasuke sighed, before explaining to her about what it was. He felt embarrassed, but forced himself to keep a straight face. "How does she not know this? Didn't she had any maternal figure growing up?" But then he remembered she was pretending to be a boy during her first eleven years, which explains her lack of knowledge of this certain issue.

"Argh..how do I make the pain stop?" Naruko cries.

"Uhh.." Sasuke thinks. "I read somewhere about, a heat patch"

"What's that?"

"It's a heated patch you wrap around your abdomen which can help relax the muscles of your uterus" he explains.

"Then go get me some!" Naruko barked, before lowering her head. "Please"

"Naruko it's four am, no shop would be open at this hour. We'll need to wait until at least seven"

"Aaargh! Then what am I gonna-!!" She clamps her mouth shut and hugs herself tighter.

"Fuck you Kurama! You should have warned me about this!"

"Hm, it slipped my mind"

"The pain will fade away, eventually" Sasuke said, though he was mostly just guessing.

For the remainder of the night, or rather early morning, Sasuke stayed by Naruko's side by the tub, reassuring her and rubbing her back soothingly. Eventually Naruko closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Sasuke picked her out of the tub and carried her back to her room.

He knew he couldn't let her stay in her bloody gown, but he couldn't undress her himself. Nevermind that he's already seen her half naked at the lake back at their first serious mission, or the fact that he literally just saw her vagina two hours ago, those were moments of  innocence and weakness and he will NOT take advantage of that

In the end, he left her in her dirty gown and went back to his room.

As soon as day light breaks he'll go ask an adult woman for help about Naruko's....situation.