forty nine

Twelve days has passed, and team seven has been given much better missions than before. It wasn't anything too life threatening but it was much more exciting than what they were given when they were genin(minus that time with Tazuna)

It was during those twelve days that Naruko noticed Sakura's recent....niceness to her. She was more polite, and decent. She would smile more and offer to spar with Naruko. The girl was weaker than her so Naruko held back her strength when they sparred. Naruko wondered what was Sakura's deal?

Why was she so, nice all of a sudden?

"Maybe Sasuke talked to her, threatened her to be more nice to me or else he'll ignore her and only talk to her during missions?" Naruko wondered while taking a bath in the river one day.

Her clones surrounded her, playing in the water, or washing each other's hair

"Or maybe Kakashi told her to be nicer to me for the team's sake, even if it's fake nice"

Whatever it was, Naruko didn't think much about it anymore. If Sakura was pretending to be nice to her because Sasuke or Kakashi forced her, then it's good for Naruko. She wouldn't have to deal with Sakura's annoying shit anymore.

At least not for a while

Still, Naruko couldn't help but think Sakura was up to something

"Whatever it is, I can handle her"

*

That night, Naruko cooked dinner for two. Itachi would be visiting her again and she wanted to treat him to a warm meal.

She cooked miso soup and boiled eggs

While waiting, she played cards with her shadow clones.

Thirty minutes later, someone knocked on her door. She smiled and went to open it, and was greeted with coal black eyes. Eyes that were similar to Sasuke's, but held more baggage and pain.

"Itachi, you made it" Naruko said with a warm smile allowing her late night visitor entry.

"I've disposed of the Akatsuki" Itachi brings up, taking a seat by the table.

"I knew you would. I had no doubts you could take care of them, did you had any difficulty?" Naruko sat across from him

"They put up a fight, but I managed. I wouldn't be here otherwise" Itachi responded

"Hmm, that's good" Naruko hums

"How was the Chunin exams?"

"It went well, I managed to dispose of two snakes. I told Sasuke about you, he seems reluctant to learn more but I know for a fact he's changed his mind about you" Naruko then recalled the rest of Chunin exams in great detail, especially the part about how she killed Orochimaru and Kabuto, her excitement was evident in the way she spoke

Itachi saw that her eyes would flash orange and red when she spoke of her brutal murder of her enemies. He wondered if it would make him a sick man for being aroused by her cruelty....

After dinner, Itachi prepared to leave, but Naruko stopped him. "You should stay the night" she said. "You've travelled for miles and you're exhausted, I have a futon you can sleep on"

"I don't think that would be wise Naruko"

"Nothing will happen between us. You'll just be sleeping next to me" Naruko huffed rolling her eyes

She rolled out the futon and forced Itachi to lay down, taking his cloak and outer kimono off him.

She blew out the candles

"Good night Itachi"

For the first few hours, Naruko stayed very still in her bed. Before rolling out of bed and laying on top of the Uchiha.