1: New Home

( Sucky Note: This chapter will contain mentions or certain religions. No hate, or anything offensive, please. Be nice to each other. Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Enjoy! )

Izuku sighed, slicing open the top of a box with the help of a small pocket knife. He flipped open the tabs, revealing colorful toys and figures he had been collecting during his childhood. Running his hand up the side of the box, he stood up, removing a few from the box to place them on the shelf he had just hung over his new bed. For the past two days, he had been doing nothing but decorating his new bedroom and putting away his things.

Moving from Tokyo to Hosu was a big change for the teenage boy, as he was used to being in a crowded city, with shopping centers at a five minute's distance from his apartment. He was sure to miss his old home, and his friends. But after his mother got transferred to a different hospital where nurses were needed, the woman decided to buy a home in a small town near her new working place. She figured it would be good for her son to experience life in a smaller town and make some new friends - a change of environment.

"Working hard." Midoriya flinched, turning to face his parent who stood in the doorway with a smile. "Are you excited for your first day of school?" She chuckled, entering her son's bedroom. She looked around, admiring the All Might posters hung up around the white walls. Ever since Izuku was little, he had always loved The All Might Show, a children's cartoon that revolved around an iconic superhero who always had a message hidden in his missions. 

"I'm... Nervous." Izuku hesitated spoke, continuing to place the colorful hero figures over his bed. He wasn't lying. Starting off his senior year at a new school was making his head spin. He wished that he could have stayed with his friends in Tokyo. But as his mother loved to say: God has plans. And, for the past week, she had been repeating to him that this moving was a good thing; something that God had planned for them.

"There's not need to be nervous, honey. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends. You're so lovable and kind, everybody will love you." Inko reassured, picking up a wooden cross from Izuku's night stand and hanging it up on the wall, where a nail was already placed. She heard her son sigh before he responded. 

"Mom, this isn't Tokyo. You've seen the teens around here, they're not going to like me. I'll stick out like a sore thumb. I don't want to be here." The freckled male spoke, lowering his eyes as he took a seat on the corner of his bed. He watched his mother fidget by the corner of his eye, knowing he was right. For example, when the two were driving in with the moving van, they drove past several groups of teens, all dressed in leather jackets, dark clothing or smoking cigarettes. Izuku, on the other hand, was nothing like that. He rarely ever wore dark clothing and always dressed formal. Going to school in such an environment really terrified him.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, love. And if there's anything wrong, you go to the front desk and call me. I'll go pick you up." His mother spoke, taking a seat next to the green-haired male. Izuku frowned, nodding. "I love you, honey." She whispered, leaning in to press a gentle kiss on a freckled cheek. She then stood up again, walking back towards the door. She grabbed onto the handle, turning to face her child again. "Make sure not to stay up too late. The bus should be here tomorrow around eight, to pick you up. Make sure not to miss it. And don't forget to pray before going to bed."  She spoke, blowing a final kiss towards her son before closing the door. 

Izuku sighed, letting his head fall.
Ever since he could remember, his mother had nagged him to be the perfect Christian. She always rambled about Jesus Christ, and had bibles placed around in every room. Back in Tokyo, he and his mother would go to church every Sunday. Midoriya wasn't even sure Hosu had a church. Life here seemed rough, compared to Tokyo. The stress of moving had driven Izuku to throw up numerous times and skip meals. This just wasn't him. He was used to the city. Hosu seemed like nothing but a nightmare to him. 

"Ah..." The greenette muttered, standing up to remove his button-down shirt. He slipped off his jeans and belt, letting them fall next to his bed. He then moved to another box, picking out a random pajama set. His bedroom was cold, since the heating wasn't working right yet. Therefore, he made sure to slip into comfortable pajamas, a pair of clean and fluffy socks, and then slip under a pile of blankets after he was done with his prayers. 

The greenette shifted under the covers, bothered by the stress of starting his senior year the next day. 

What were the teachers like?
Was the school big?
Were people friendly?
What if he gets lost in the hallways?
Does it have similar classes as the ones he had in Tokyo?
Will someone be kind enough to show him around? 
Is he going to get picked on?
Are things going to work any differently from his old school?
And why doesn't his mom let him have his own cellphone yet?

Izuku grumbled, turning over again. Personally, he figured his mother could loosen up a bit. After all, he was seventeen, and still didn't own his own phone. He had worked numerous jobs back in Tokyo, so he could easily afford one. But his mother refused to let him buy one, as she believed it would be useless and nothing but a distraction. She didn't want her son's grades to go down and thought a phone would do him no good, at his age. That's why she told him he could get a phone once he moved out, and became an adult. 

Unfair. All his other friends had phones. Why couldn't he? Then again, he was the only Christian of the friend group. He was lucky to have such good friends, too, since they never forced him into anything that would be considered wrong, or a sin. They always respected him for who he was. 

"Jeez, this is so... Sucky." The freckled male mumbled, pulling a large teddy bear closer to his chest. 

Another one of his mother's rules, or God's rules, as she says: No swearing. It's considered a sin.

Just like having impure thoughts. Nothing sexual is allowed to go through a Christian's head. No sex before marriage. No masturbation, whatsoever, either. It's lustful, therefore considered a sin. No lying. Overall, all Izuku had to do was be good. Be perfect. It was the only way he'd be able to get into Heaven, according to the bible. That's why he never smoked, never lied, never had any impure thoughts, never masturbated, never had sex, never purposely hurt somebody, never swore. He had never been bad.

At least, not on purpose. He always had little mistakes, like lying as a child. But his mother taught him how to ask God for forgiveness and he had never done it more than twice.

Izuku inhaled as he stuffed his chin into the soft teddy bear, pouting as he closed his eyes. It was only eight o'clock, and he knew his mother didn't want him to stay up past nine. Plus, he had a busy day awaiting him and wanted to make sure to get as much rest as possible. All he had to do was change his train of thoughts. Think about something that would make him relaxed, or something that made him sleepy. 

"One sheep. Two sheep. Three sheep." Izuku started, mumbling quietly as he closed his lamp, next to the bed. He closed his eyes again, continuing his count. "Four sheep, five sheep. Six sheep. Seven sheep, eight sheep, nine sheep, ten sheep. Eleven sheep, twelve sheep. Thirteen sheep, fourteen sheep, fifteen sheep. Sixteen sheep, seventeen sheep." Midoriya paused. "I'm sure sheep number seventeen has his own phone." He muttered, rubbing his eyes with a frown. 

"It's so unfair... Boring." The greenette continued, becoming a bit sleepy. His muttering continued, until it eventually faded and stopped, suddenly being replaced by soft snoring. 

Little did Izuku know, the following day was going to be worse than he expected.

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Homophobic. If so, let me know by voting or commenting your thoughts! I love and appreciate you all. Have a nice day! <3

-Sucky Author