10: Holiday Party

Midoriya gulped, fixing his sweater as he got out of the back of Eijirou's truck. He looked up to the familiar house he had visited at the beginning of the school year, the building being once again lit up by lights and surrounded by loud music. Izuku wondered how the neighbors weren't bothered and weren't filing complaints.

"Come on, Izu." Ochako hummed, gripping the greenette's hands as she bolted for the front door. The greenette smiled wide, once again entering Chet's house. The popular 19-year-old he had never once met.

"I don't wanna lose the others..." The freckled male muttered, noticing some of his friends had disappeared from behind them. Losing a bunch of familiar teens in such a big crowd wasn't too stressful, but Izuku still found himself worrying that they'd get in trouble somewhere.

"They'll be fine, we've been coming here for ages. They know that if they want to leave, they've got to sit and wait out in front until all of us gather 'round to go together." Ochako beamed a smile, leading Midoriya through what seemed like the living room.

"I... Okay- Where are you bringing me?" Izuku questioned, bumping into a few people as he was suddenly hauled up a flight of stairs. As the brunette never answered, the greenette remained quiet until they were found locked in a bedroom. The guest room, perhaps?

"Okay, we're gettin' down to business. Tonight's the 23rd, two days before Christmas. You're gonna make a move on Katsuki tonight." She spoke, taking a seat on the bed along with Izuku. "I overheard Kats saying he wasn't in the mood to actually be here tonight- So, you're going to cheer him up with flirty lines and a kiss." She smiled, earning wide eyes and a flushed face from the other.

"Ocha, no! I came here to have fun with you guys- I'm not going to make a move on Katsuki, no. I don't know him well enough for that, and besides, I don't know if kissing a guy would be something I'm into- I've never kissed anyone nor have I been in a relationship before. So..." Izuku trailed off, lowering his eyes to his feet. A short silence roamed before Uraraka's voice resonated throughout the room again.

"Come on! Don't tell me that, tell him. Tell him how you feel. And I know you don't know him fully yet, but you clearly like him romantically a little bit. And besides, I know Kats like the back of my hand, and I can tell he's interested in you, too. A tiny crush, not a whole lover-affair kind of thing, but you two are interested in each other, it's clear."

"I said no, I don't want to. I want to spend some more time with Katsuki before actually making some kind of move towards him. And, I want to figure myself out, too. So, if you excuse me; I'm going downstairs to have fun tonight." Izuku whined, standing up to bolt out the door. He didn't come to the party to talk about some silly interest of his, he came to have fun. Sure, he liked Bakugou a tad bit, but it was a simple little crush that would eventually fade and pass off. Nothing to make a fuss about, though he knew Ochako loved to get involved in relationship and anything related to romance.

Midoriya sighed as he managed to get past the crowd, into the kitchen where he grabbed a cup of punch along with a cup he filled with chips. This time, he wasn't going to stand there like an awkward, anti-social person. He'd be different. He'd have a blast.