23: Graduation Dinner

Izuku smiled wide, setting a nice background on his phone screen. His very first phone, and he wanted it to look good. The case he had received with it was red, his favorite color. And, of course, his background was a picture of the cartoon he liked so much: All-Might. He had downloaded a few apps already and had gotten his friend's phone numbers. This was surely the best graduation gift he could have ever asked for. 

"You're enjoying it, aren't you?" Inko chuckled, peeking over the teen's shoulder. Izuku flushed as he looked down at the childish background, nodding. 

"Thanks, mom. You didn't have to buy this for me." He thanked for the hundredth time that day.

"Well, it was your father's idea. He figured it was only fair since he bought Izumo the same gift for her graduation too. Now, come on. You don't want to be late at your own graduation ceremony, do you?" She chuckled, slipping on a white knitted shall over her bare shoulders. Izuku stood up from the couch, fixing his button-down shirt as he stuffed his phone in his jean's back pocket. 

His mind wandered off to his boyfriend, who was supposed to meet his parents that night. He was meant to meet them the night prior, but, unfortunately, his father and sister's flight was delayed and they would miss Midoriya's graduation ceremony too. It didn't matter to the greenette, though. He was only mostly excited to introduce his wonderful partner to his family. 

After all, he and Katsuki had been talking about renting an apartment and move in together after graduating. Heck, Bakugou had even gone to the extent of finding a possible place for them to live. A cozy apartment, with a low rent price, only a few blocks away from where Yueii was situated. The blonde had gotten himself a job at a big business. He wasn't very important there, but the pay was good and the teen loved how he could take his time with his work without feeling pressured. Izuku, on the other hand, was taking things slower. He took his time, looking through nearby job postings online. He was slowly becoming an adult, and he didn't want to rush into it. 

The idea of living with Katsuki was the most happy thing he could think of, and if it were up to him, he'd move in with him right now. That's just about how excited he was. Of course, his mother tried her best to convince him to stay with her a little longer, or maybe return to Tokyo after graduation. But, Midoriya had fallen in love with Hosu and wanted to stay here with his beloved boyfriend.

"Izuku, darling." 

Midoriya looked up from his diploma, shifting in his chair to look at his mother as the ceremony continued. 

"Is that him, the famous Katsuki Bakugou of yours?" She questioned, pointing up to the stage where a handsome blonde shook the principal's hand with a smile. Izuku beamed a smile with a nod. 

"Mhm, yeah." He choked, wanting to ramble about how much he thinks the blonde looks handsome. 

"He's very good-looking." The woman hesitantly complimented, leaning back in her chair as she clutched her purse on her lap. "But I still don't know him." She finished with a huff. Izuku smiled, watching the rest of their graduation before it was time to head home. Of course, he didn't speak to Katsuki during the graduation ceremony since he wanted to wait until the blonde came over that night. Plus, he knew his father and sister were most likely waiting for them at the airport.

"Jeez, I haven't seen you so dolled up since your own graduation." Izuku chuckled, watching his sister come out of the bathroom. Izumo had chosen to remove her glasses and wear contacts for once, along with a pretty green sun dress. His father had put on a nice attire as well, while his mother stayed in the dress she had chosen to wear at her son's ceremony earlier.

"Well, who knows? Maybe this boyfriend of yours will fall in love with me." She teased, twirling around as she cackled. Midoriya rolled his eyes, laughing along with his sibling as the doorbell rung. He hurried down the stairs, opening the door and stepping out to explain a few things to the nervous-looking blonde. 

"Do I look alright?" Katsuki asked, looking down to the suit he had on. 

"You look great." Izuku chuckled. "Remember not to swear. Who're these for?" He asked, pointing at the bouquet of white roses. Katsuki shrugged. 

"For your mom." He spoke. Midoriya pouted, crossing his arms with a scoff. 

"None for me? Wow." He rolled his eyes with a giggle. Bakugou nervously smiled, picking a single rose out of the bouquet and handing it over to the shorter male. Midoriya smiled wide as he led his boyfriend inside, fixing Katsuki's shirt every now and then as he waited for his family to gather around the dinning table. 

He introduced the blonde to his mother first, as she was the nearest person in the room; cooking dinner. His father came next, and the man was happy to meet Bakugou. They got along well, and shared a few similar interests. His sister immediately became good friends with the blonde as well. So, in reality, Inko was the only one that had trouble accepting Katsuki into the family. Sure, it was only their first reunion, and Izuku knew he had a lot to show to his mother to make up for everything he had done in the past year. He promised her he wouldn't sin again, for starters, and told her he'd break up with Bakugou if the blonde ever acted immaturely or made a sexual advance despite knowing about his religion. 

Everything was coming together, Bakugou was going to be accepted as his boyfriend - Finally. His mother was trying her best to avoid any kind of homophobic content on the television, and rarely spoke about the queer community at all since she feared she'd say something offensive without meaning it, and hurt her son's feelings.

It was funny, the woman also found herself asking a lot of questions about homosexuality to her son, trying her best to understand it. Midoriya loved it, of course. His mother was making an effort, both to make him feel accepted and happy, and accepting Katsuki as his boyfriend. 

"So, what's for dinner?" The blonde questioned, looking over to the delicious-looking meal Inko had prepared for the occasion. 

"Katsudon, Izuku loves it." She replied with a soft smile, placing the bowls on the dinner table. 

"It's delicious, ma'am." The blonde spoke, looking up with a determined smile. He didn't know why he had said that, without even entering the kitchen. He wanted to suck up to Inko as much as he could, make himself lovable, so she wouldn't be able to dislike him. He watched as the woman paused for a second, before giggling. 

"Oh, relax! You haven't even tried it yet!" She chuckled, waving for the rest of the family to come take a seat at the table. 

Homophobic (BakuDeku)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें