11: New Year, New Words

Izuku giggled loudly, taking another sip from the glass of chocolate milk Katsuki's mother had given him. 

"Then what?" He asked, looking up to crimson eyes. For the past ten minutes, his friend had been rambling on about a childhood story revolving around how his PlayStation had a crack across the top. Somehow, he and his mother had gotten into a wild argument, and five-year-old Katsuki had made her a little too mad. 

"Well, kind of obvious, isn't it? The bitch tried to smash it with her bare hands." The blonde huffed, rolling his eyes. Midoriya smiled wide, looking around the blonde's bedroom. It was nothing like he had pictured, in his head. Bakugou's aesthetic was relaxing, calming. His bed was large and cozy, right next to a dresser that held a few books and a lamp. Right next to his door was set a high table, where his PlayStation and television was set. Despite being winter, it was raining outside, melting some parts of the snow away. 

"So, are you staying until midnight?" Katsuki randomly asked, yawning as he laid back on his pillows. Izuku shrugged, holding his glass up to his lips again. 

"I dunno, my mom gave me permission to stay the night but I don't want to impose. Besides, your bedroom is small. So, I'll go home around 1, I suppose." The greenette calculated, trying to figure out what time he should leave the Bakugou's house to make it home for 1AM. "I know if I don't go home before sunrise, she'll spend the night awake waiting for me even if she's got a shift tomorrow. She's such a nag." Izuku muttered. 

"Ooh, watch your language, Christian boy. Don't talk about your mom like that, come on. You don't want to go to Hell, do you?" Katsuki chuckled, glancing down to Midoriya, who sat still on the edge of his bed. He listened as his friend sighed, replying almost immediately. 

"I don't really care anymore. Honestly, I feel as if I can do whatever I want, and I probably won't regret it. It's my life, I should be allowed to live as I please. I'm not going to live by my mom's rules any longer. If she has a problem with the way I am, then that's for her to deal with. I'm going to make the decisions I want." Midoriya rambled, looking down to the smooth, brown liquid sitting in his glass. A short silence roamed as Katsuki shifted in his bed, now laying on his side so he can examine Izuku's side profile more. 

"Are you feelin' alright, freckles?" The blonde spoke, tilting his head to the side to see his friend scoff, followed by a smile. Their eyes met, a short silence roaming before Izuku hesitantly spoke with a blush. 

"I'm... Fuckin' fine." He quietly muttered, earning wide eyes and an exaggerated jolt from the other. Izuku timidly giggled at his friend's actions, feeling the bed shake as Katsuki took a seat next to him.

"Did my mom put fuckin' alcohol in your milk? Gimme that, don't say shit like that, dumbass." The blonde spoke, snatching away the glass of chocolate milk. Midoriya rolled his eyes with a smile, his heart racing in his chest. For the first time in his life, he had swore. "You're grounded, young man." Katsuki added with a large smile, chugging down the remains of Izuku's drink. "No more chocolate milk for you." 

A short giggle resonated throughout the bedroom while Katsuki held the glass tight in his hand, smiling brightly while he admired Izuku beautiful smile. "Oh my gosh, I wasn't done drinking that, y'know?" 

"I know." The blonde responded, setting the dish on the ground next to his feet. He leaned forward slightly, gently intertwining his fingers with freckled ones. "But hearing you say such a bad word... It's hot." Bakugou watched as emerald eyes widened, freckled features turning quite flustered. 

"You think so?" The greenette awkwardly laughed, eyes trailing down to Bakugou's soft-looking lips. His heart was racing faster than ever as he questioned whether or not the blonde would lean in for a kiss. Was he ready for that? 

"Hell, yeah. Hot as fuck." Katsuki chuckled, leaning forward a little more. Midoriya couldn't help but lean back a little, as a reflex. He chuckled nervously, not knowing what to do. His hands rapidly got sweaty and he worried Bakugou would feel it. 

"Y'know, Izu, tonight was nice. I like havin' you over." The blonde suddenly spoke, crimson eyes softening. "I've enjoyed every second we've spent together in the past few months, loved them, actually. You're a great guy." He admitted. "Are you, by any chance... Interested in guys?" 

Midoriya looked down, unsure what to respond. Was he interested in men? Or women? Both, perhaps? That was an answer even he couldn't give. He had never experienced anything sexually, so it was difficult yo figure out what his sexual attraction was. He loved Bakugou very much. That, he could tell. He felt butterflies whenever he was around him and found himself daydreaming about a possible future with the blonde often.

"I..." The green-haired teen's lips parted gently, eyes lowering to his baggy jeans. He wasn't sure, and wasn't sure if he'd ever truly know his sexuality. What if he said yes? Would it only end up in nothing but a confusing, emotionally-demanding mess? And if he said no? He didn't want Katsuki to think he wasn't interested at all. "I don't know. You know I've never... Masturbated before." The greenette admitted, whispering the word he wasn't familiar with saying. Izuku felt his heart ache as the blonde retracted his hand with a sigh, rubbing his hand through wild blonde locks.

"Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed. I'm interested in you, Izuku. I really am. I love everything about you. I'm fuckin' crazy about you, damn it." The blonde sighed, crimson eyes glued to the floorboards. "If ever you figure yourself out, let me know." Katsuki finished, shrugging. What else could he say? He wasn't the type to force someone into personal choices; if Izuku didn't want to experience things sexually yet, that was his decision. Plus, the blonde didn't mind waiting. Spending time with the curly-haired teenager as friends was fun as well. 

"I'll keep you updated, I guess." Izuku mumbled, looking down to the freckled hand that was now cold, compared to the warmth it was feeling just seconds ago. Emerald eyes trailed off to Katsuki's hand again, hesitating on taking it into his once more. He loved the feeling of Katsuki's thumb tracing over his knuckles, and wished the feeling would have lasted a bit longer. 

"Hey, the countdown's coming up." Bakugou suddenly spoke, snapping Midoriya out of his trance. Izuku looked down to the older teen's phone screen, seeing the seconds approach midnight. He smiled softly, knowing this night would have ended differently - maybe with a kiss - if he would have replied with a yes. But telling the truth felt better, even if he had turned in quite a liar, in the past few months. He cherished Bakugou far too much to lie to him, or toy with his feelings. 

"Wait for me, just a little bit." Izuku mumbled, watching as the seconds became dangerously close to turning into zeros. He watched as his friend gently nodded, a warm smile took place on Katsuki's lips, crimson eyes meeting greens. A few seconds of silence roamed before the blonde's voice interrupted the moment.

"Happy New Year, Izuku."