13: In Love

"You did? And?" Ochako's eyes widened at her friend's timid confession. 

"W-Well, I dunno. I enjoyed it, I guess. I felt super weird afterwards, though. Do you think I should tell Katsuki about it? Y'know; let him know that I figured myself out a bit?" The greenette hesitantly questioned, looking up to big brown eyes. 

"Uh- No. No, don't do that. If you do that, then Kats will get his hopes up, too quickly. Take some time, and when you're one hundred percent sure, you'll be able to tell him. And maybe even share a kiss." She muttered, picking at her meal. "I don't understand why you missed out on the only chance you had to your first kiss. And on New Years! I mean, jeez, that's super romantic. Perfect opportunity, right there, if you ask me." The brunette rambled, remembering Izuku's story of how he and her blonde pal had gotten very close to sharing a kiss, sometime during the holiday break.

"It just felt wrong, Ocha. I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to wait." The greenette admitted, looking down to his boxed lunch. He quickly looked up, eyes landing on the familiar blonde teenage boy, chatting with a red-haired teen as they both approached him and Uraraka. Both Bakugou and Kirishima took their seats next to their friends, smiling to them. 

After coming back to school for a week after the two-week-long holiday break, Izuku had managed to hide his secret from Ochako for nearly five days. But, the brunette had somehow picked up on how tense the freckled teen was, and had questioned him until he spilled the beans. 

"Yo, Midoriya! That looks so damn good! Did you cook that yourself?" Eijirou quickly asked, pointing at the greenette's meal. Izuku smiled, shaking his head. 

"No, my mom did. I suck at cooking. She takes such good care of me; always has." He spoke, lowering his eyes to the curry in his dish. His smile faded to the thought of how much he had sinned in the past months, and how disappointed she'd be if she ever found out about his horrible behavior. "She's the best." He muttered beneath his breath, taking a bite with a forced smile. 

"She sounds nice." The red-head awkwardly added, taking a bite out of his own sandwich. A short silence roamed as the friends ate, Izuku being a little gloomy for a couple of minutes. That is, until Katsuki suddenly bumped the short male's arm with a smile. 

"Guess what, freckles?" The blonde spoke with a line of braces showing, snapping the greenette out of his trance. 

"Hm? What?" Midoriya looked up, smiling. 

"I'm gettin' my braces removed in March." Katsuki proudly stated. "It'll be the first time I get a smile with no braces, and no crooked teeth. Fuck, you would've laughed if you could have seen my teeth before middle school. I looked like a fucking beaver on crack." The blonde stated, pulling two slices of carrots in front of his teeth, covering his braces as he smiled. 

"Ha, oh my gosh, you're such an idiot." Izuku smiled wide, shaking his head. "I can't wait to see what you look like without braces, though. Even if I like them on you." The greenette timidly added, looking down to his meal with a bite. 

Bakugou smiled in satisfaction, looking over to Ochako who conversed with his red-haired friend. Seeing Izuku sad or gloomy always made his heart ache, and he knew the greenette's sins made him feel like nothing but shit. 

But, he also knew the freckled male needed to live a little to be happy. With a soft smile, the blonde looked down, picking at his food. With one last bite, he stopped, looking up to a red hue over a field of freckles. Emerald eyes met crimson as fingers intertwined under the table, holding hands where no one could see. 

Thank you was clearly read from Izuku's lips as emerald orbs lowered once again. A smile crawled onto Bakugou's lips again as he held freckled fingers tightly in his hand, the warmth sending butterflies in his stomach. He had made the greenette smile again, and took his mind off of his mother's ways. That's one thing he knew he was good at; making Midoriya happy.

"The flower sale is from January 31st to February 7th. Make sure to order the flowers you want at the reception in front, I'll be noting them down and your loved one will receive them on Valentine's day. And, to those who are interested, please attend the Valentine's dance - which the student council worked very hard to put together. Have a nice day!"  Yaoyorozu's voice resonated throughout the halls, followed by the dismissing bell. 

Izuku gently slid his notebook into his bag, zipping it up before walking out of class with his brown-haired friend. 

"There's a flower sale, here? How does that work?" He questioned, earning a smile from his female companion. 

"It's not too complicated. You just have to go see Momo whenever she's available at the head office, and buy a flower. You can choose between a carnation, which is around four dollars, or a rose, which is five dollars. And, you tell her who the flower is for. On Valentine's day, she goes around school and delivers the flowers to whoever has been bought one." Ochako explained, hurriedly making her way towards the front doors.
"You thinkin' of buying one? Y'know... For blondie-boy with the cute ass braces and the nice-smelling cologne that you keep staring at in homeroom?" She cooed, teasing her friend who flushed a deep shade of red. 

"I... I wasn't asking for that. I was wondering how it worked, that's all." Izuku replied, looking away from the girl as they embarked the yellow bus. "I mean... Maybe I'll order one for him. Can I sign is as anonymous? I wouldn't want him to know it's from me." The greenette muttered, questioning his friend quietly as they took their seats in the front of the bus. He had to speak lower, since the blonde and Eijirou were both seated only seven seats behind them. 

"Anonymous? Yeah- You can do that. It'd be weird, though. I'd just sign it off as your name. Y'know... From: Izuku, the love of your life, soulmate..." Ochako shrugged with a goofy smile, comfortably shifting in her seat. "Speaking of Valentine's, are you attending the dance?" She excitedly asked with a wink.
"I know Katsuki is." 

Midoriya frowned, once again flushing red. There was no mistaking it; he was in love with Katsuki Bakugou. Throughout the past week, every time he had seen the taller teen, his feelings only grew. Only, he had no clue what to do with the way he felt, and didn't know if he'd be ready for a relationship. 

"I'd like to go, yeah. But I don't have anybody to go with. And- I don't want to ask him out." He timidly admitted, looking down. He didn't have the guts to actually ask someone out to a dance without making it sound weird. That's why he'd wait until the confident blonde asked him out. 

"Oh, you've got no balls." Ochako chuckled, rolling her eyes. "Me and Tenya are going together. You've got to go with Kats. A double-date kind of thing. And maybe you'll share a first kiss together." The brunette repeated, looking over to a smile on freckled features. 

"Why do you want us to kiss so badly?" Midoriya giggled, brows furrowing as his friend smiled. 

"Kats has only kissed one other guy. His ex-boyfriend. And I haven't seen him in love ever since they broke up, a while back. Plus, I've never seen two guys kiss before and I want to see what a gay kiss looks like." The brunette laughed, earning wide eyes and a scoff from Izuku. The freckled male giggled, shaking his head at his friend's idiotic ways. "You can't blame a chick for bein' curious. You're the only chance I've got to seeing two boys kiss." She finished with a laugh.

"You're such a weirdo."