5: Secrets

"Izuku, dinner's ready."

Midoriya turned in his chair, closing his books with a smile. He nodded towards his mother as he stood up, following her into the kitchen so they could eat. After their prayers, Inko was the first to speak up, regarding her son's change of behavior.

"You've been very... Happy, lately. How's school?" She questioned, taking a bite of the meal she had just cooked. She watched as her son swallowed the bite he had taken, instantly replying.

"Great, actually. I made a bunch of new friends, and the classes are super easy." He admitted, smiling to the thought of the friend group he had created during the week after Chet's party. After starting to hang out with Katsuki Bakugou, he got to know the blonde's friends as well. Somehow, Izuku's friends merged with Katsuki's friends, and they became a friend group of eleven. Even though he had made friends along the past week, he hadn't had the chance to tell his mother about them, since she was often gone at work or working overtime at the hospital.

"Really? That's wonderful, Izuku. You should invite them over, sometime. I'd love to cook or bake something for them. You could play video games or something. I'd love to meet your new friends." His mother added, stiring her meal around in her plate.

"Aha, that sounds nice." The greenette nervously chuckled. Although he wanted his mother to meet his new friends, he knew she wouldn't be accepting of them at all. Each and every one of his friends had something sinful about them, something his mother would frown upon and make him find new friends immediately.

"What're their names? How many friends did you make?" She questioned, before taking another bite of curry. Izuku smiled, knowing his mother would be surprised by the amount of people he had gotten close to within two weeks of schooling.

"Eleven. There's Tsuyu Asui, me and her don't talk much but we share each other's snacks and that's cool. Ochako Uraraka, she's really nice and knows a lot of people, so it's thanks to her that I made so many friends. Katsuki Bakugou, he's super funny and nice. He's got braces, and blonde messy hair. His eyes are red, and he's got a really cool style, too. He knows a bunch of people, and he's the type who'll do anything at anytime. He's kind of like a daredevil. Oh, and then there's Shoto Todoroki, a quiet guy. He's Ochako's friend, I don't know him very well but we laugh together a lot. Kyouka Jiro, she's kind of gothic, and the only girl I've ever met who can pull of such a dark look. She's chill. There's Eijirou Kirishima, too. He's a funny guy, not very intelligent, but he's really kind. Same goes for Denki Kaminari. Mina Ashido is best friends with Ochako, I'm pretty sure they have some sort of connection. They're besties. And... Hanta Sero. Sero's never at school, but when he does come, it's a blast." He rambled, waving his hands around as he described each and every one of his friends.

"Hm, I see." The chubby woman replied, gloomily looking down to her meal. "Izuku, do they know you're Christian?" She asked, looking up again. "I don't want you to hang around trouble-makers." 

Midoriya kept a forced smile as he felt a lump in his throat form. He didn't want his mother to know that most of his friends were sinful or had sinned. But then again, lying was a sin, too. 
"They don't know, no. I think I'll wait before telling them. I don't wanna scare them off or anything." 

"Hm, okay." Inko hummed. Izuku looked down to his meal, taking another bite as he let his smile fade. His mother's opinion was the one that mattered the most to him. He didn't want to disappoint her whatsoever. That's why he had always done his best to be good and obey her, his whole life. Of course, he hadn't told her about his little escape and the party he had attended the week prior, but to be fair, his mother never asked. As long as the truth isn't forced out of him, then there's no reason to confess to it. He hadn't sinned, that night. There was no reason to confess anything. 

"Thanks for the meal, mom. It was delicious." Midoriya stated, hurriedly swallowing the last bite of his meal. He walked over to the counter, placing the dirty dish in the washing machine before heading off to his room. Although he didn't have a phone, he had a laptop which he used for online homework. Midoriya had taken the liberty to install a messaging app on his device, so he could stay in contact with his friends. 

The greenette hummed as he flipped the lid of his laptop open, immediately clicking on the app to reveal a few missed messages. 

🤍 Ochako 🤍: Izuku, I forgot to do my English homework and it's due Monday... Could you write a 500 word essay for me?? It can be about anything at all. I'll pay you <3 Pleaseee?

Midoriya frowned, answering to her message. 

💚 Izuku 💚: Sure, I'll do it. All my homework is done already, anyway. :)

The greenette then exited the messages between his brown-haired friend, and having no more messages to reply to, he closed his laptop again to focus on Uraraka's essay. He didn't mind helping her out, she had been paying him to do her homework ever since they had met. Since Izuku didn't have a job at the moment, he truly didn't mind earning money this way. Uraraka had a job and could afford to pay people for simple reasons. Especially when he wanted to save up to buy the latest All Might movie, which was supposed to come out around Christmas time. 

"Well, Ocha, you'll have an essay about dogs. 'Cause, why not?" The freckled male mumbled, pulling out a sheet of paper. He had written his about cats, and thought writing Uraraka's on dogs was a basic idea. They were both basic ideas, but then again, Izuku didn't want to go all-out on an essay when he knew their teacher had low standards. 

Midoriya scribbled for several minutes, trying his best to finish his friend's essay as soon as possible. He wanted to go to bed early, since he had been tired today. Plus, his mother had a day off tomorrow. The first Sunday he and his mom would have together ever since they moved to Hosu. That's why Inko had planned to go shopping with him, to make up for hauling him along with her. She was aware that Izuku didn't want to move to Hosu, but she and her husband had decided it was better if Midoriya got used to making new acquaintances and moving around.

The woman sighed as she put away the dishes, thinking back to how Izuku came to be. She and Hisashi had gotten married when she was just 21, and he was 22. They had made up their mind to create a family by adopting, since many kids need families. That's when they adopted Izumo, Midoriya's big sister. They adopted her when she was three, and Inko got pregnant by accident when Izumo turned four. They weren't planning on keeping the baby, and had made up their mind to abort it, since they wanted adopted kids only. However, when the time came to have the abortion, it was too late and the baby already had a heartbeat. Hisashi was the one who stopped Inko from going all the way, as he believed once the baby had a heartbeat, it was too late to abort it. 

Even after Midoriya was born, they treated him with love and respect, even if he wasn't planned. That's when his mother came up with the famous sentence she loves to use: God has plans. She believed there was a reason why Izuku was born, a blessing, maybe. 

Of course, Midoriya was aware of how Inko had gotten pregnant unexpectedly, and how his parents had planned to abort him. It didn't bother him, though. But he did feel as if he owed his life to his parents, since he constantly felt as if he had caused them lots of trouble during the pregnancy. 

His parents hadn't adopted another baby after they gave birth to him, and decided to raise a family with only Izuku and Izumo. Things were perfect, that way. For everyone. 

Everyone except for Izuku.

Everyone ready for rebellious Izuku? I sure am. The story's only getting started, so stay tuned. I hope you enjoy it so far! If so, don't forget to comment and vote. I love and appreciate you all!
Have a nice day

-Sucky Author