19: Cold Shoulder

Izuku sighed, stepping out of the bus and immediately making his way up to the front doors of the school. After spending two weeks with Izumo and his father, he felt a little better when coming back home. Of course, his mother gave him the cold shoulder and refused to cook his meals; leading him to feed off peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches throughout the weekend.

He still hadn't gotten his laptop back, despite needing it for a few online assignments. His mother hadn't told him where she had stored it, and when he'd get it back, either. Though, that was the last of his worries. Right now, he had to find his friends and hope they hadn't tried to reach out to him in the past two weeks. 

Midoriya quickly made his way towards his homeroom class, knowing damn well they'd all be there. He felt the lump in his throat form once more as he entered the room, immediately spotting messy blonde locks. Before he could even speak, he was interrupted by Ochako's voice. 

"Well, so, you do exist." She sarcastically spoke, hopping off the desk she was sitting on. "Where the hell were you? What's the big idea, reading our messages and not responding, hm? And blocking half of us, too! What the fuck?" She raised her voice as she approached the greenette. Emerald eyes trailed off to Katsuki, who refused to meet his glare as crimsons were planted to the ground. 

So, his mother had been going through his messages. And who had she blocked, exactly?

"I thought you were a cool guy, but you completely fuckin' ghosted all of us." Eijirou added, clearly a little saddened by the situation. Midoriya struggled to fight back tears, fearing his friendships might come to an end.

"It wasn't me... My mom found out and confiscated my laptop! I was away in Tokyo for two weeks." He blurted out, speaking loudly so all of his friends could hear. He didn't care if there were a few students sitting in the back, watching the drama unfold. He had to come clean to his friends and apologize for not being able to be there for them. Izuku felt his eyes begin to water as Katsuki's glare finally met his. 

"What did she find out about? Did you tell her?" Ochako questioned, lowering her voice again. Suddenly, everybody seemed more understanding and sympathetic. Midoriya forced a smile, looking down. 

"Everything. I came clean, she caught me sneaking out and kind of... Forced the truth out of me. I told her about every single thing. She took my laptop away and I haven't seen it since. And then, she sent me to spend and early spring break with my sister and dad back in Tokyo." He explained, his temples throbbing at each heartbeat. A short silence roamed before the moment was interrupted by the bell's ringing. Class had begun, and a few other students suddenly walked in with the homeroom teacher. 

Izuku took his seat as fast as he could, hoping his apology was enough to make his friends forgive him. 

Izuku winced, feeling Katsuki's tongue trace over his molars and intertwine with his own. The blonde's hands pulled his waist closer, closing the distance between them as Midoriya pressed themselves back on the brick wall.

Where they usually ran off to, to smoke behind the school. It was a perfect place with no cameras, and very few people ever went there. That's probably why Bakugou passed him a note during homeroom; asking him to meet him there and saying he wanted to talk. However, the blonde hadn't spoken a word since the minute Izuku met him. Instead, their mouths were busy intertwining with each other's. 

"I'm sorry." The greenette pulled away, tears pricking in his eyes. Emeralds met crimson as a small smile appeared onto Bakugou's face. He cupped Izuku's freckled features between his hands, scoffing. 

"Don't apologize, dumbass. I'm sorry I avoided you, that week. But spending almost a month away from you was hell." The blonde hurried to speak out, leaning back in to collapse their mouths. Midoriya couldn't help but give in, his knees becoming weak under his weight as he wrapped his arms around the blonde's shoulders.

"Do you think the others forgive me for it?" The freckled male asked, pulling away once more. He watched as a larger smile took place on Katsuki's features, followed by a frantic nod, another pleasure-filled kiss being formed soon after. Although Midoriya wanted to continue making out with the man of his dreams, he had to talk to him first. Communication is key, after all. "Wait, stop." He coughed, pulling away for the third time.
"My mom knows about this. I told her all about how we kissed at the dance, and she didn't accept of it at all. I don't know what this is, and where it's leading, but I know I really like you." The greenette admitted, his heart racing inside his chest. It wasn't as bad; he had gotten used to speaking like this to his crush. His heart raced every time, but not as bad as it used to at first.

A short silence roamed, followed by Bakugou's reply. 

"Be my boyfriend." He ordered, once again wrapping his hands tightly around the smaller male's waist again. He watched as emerald eyes widened in shock, clearly caught off guard. 

"What?" The greenette whined, unsure what to think. 

"You heard right, I want you to be my boyfriend. Screw your fucking mom. As long as you're happy, then she should support you. That's what my parents did. They both took some time to accept that I was dating a guy, a few years back. But they got used to it and tried their best to make me feel comfortable. If your mom can't accept you living your life happily, then fuck her. She doesn't matter." The blonde rambled, bringing one hand up to green curls. "Please?" He whined with a playful pout. Izuku smiled wide, an uncontrolled giggle escaping his lips. 

"Yeah, of course." He nodded frantically, a happy smile planted on fair features. 

"Yeah?" Katsuki chuckled happily, leaning forward a little, eyes glued to Midoriya's pink lips. 

"Yeah." Izuku giggled, their lips brushing. 

"You sure?" The blonde continued to cackle. Before Izuku could reply, the greenette collapsed their lips, unable to stop smiling.