14: Valentine's Plan

"Just a carnation for me, please. I'd like for it to be delivered to Tenya. Tenya Iida, grade 12." Ochako cheered, slamming a paper bill in front of the black-haired teenage girl. The brunette watched as Momo smiled wide, putting the bill in a box with other money, giving her some change before noting down her order. 

"What about you?" The female teen asked, looking up from her notebook into emerald eyes. Izuku flinched, looking over to a cocky smile planted on Ochako's face. 

"Order one, Izu." She winked, making the greenette grumble. He approached the front desk's counter, stuffing his hand in his pocket to take out some spare change he carried. Not being able to afford something higher than four dollars, he decided to buy a simple carnation flower. "So, Momo, were you attending the dance?" Uraraka questioned, looking up to their classmate. The black-haired teen smiled, nodding shyly. 

"Mhm, I'll be going with Jiro." She timidly spoke, looking down. Izuku's eyes widened, recognizing the name. Kyouka Jiro was another girl in their grade, her hair cut short and purple-colored. He smiled, looking down as the two friends kept chattering. 

While Uraraka and Momo kept speaking, Izuku managed to overhear a lot of things he didn't know about the president of the student council. Momo Yaoyorozu was indeed, seeing a girl in their class. They had been dating for a few years now, in secret. Only Uraraka was aware of their relationship as she had poked her nose in their business, when she felt like they were hiding something. 

Before he knew it, Izuku found himself seated in their bus, making their way home. It was strange, for the past few weeks, the days had flown by quickly. Valentine's day was in only 7 days, and Katsuki still hadn't asked him to the dance. Maybe waiting for him was the wrong thing to do? Maybe Izuku should be the one to step up and ask him? But how?

Time was running out. Would Katsuki eventually ask him?

"Izuku." The greenette flinched, looking over to worried brown eyes. "You feelin' okay? You've been zoned out the entire ride." He smiled, nodding. 

"I'm fine." He responded, watching as Ochako weakly smiled back. 

"Okay, then. Your stop is up ahead." 

Midoriya swung his back over his shoulder, stepping out of the school bus as he began making his way up his driveway. He didn't understand - Katsuki had had many opportunities to ask him to the dance. Now, there was only about a week left before the Valentine dance, and Izuku was slowly losing hope that the handsome blonde would actually want to go with him. After all, a guy as handsome as Bakugou has probably landed himself a date to the dance, by now. 

"Good afternoon, sweetie. How was school?" Inko beamed a smile at her gloomy son, shifting in the kitchen as she put away the knife she had been using to cut potatoes. She watched as the teen shrugged, forcing a weak smile. 

"It was alright. I don't have anybody to go to the dance with." He admitted, taking a seat by the kitchen table. Inko frowned, shaking her head. 

"Don't worry about that! The dance is in a week, you'll have plenty of time to find a beautiful lady to go with. How about that Ochako girl? Why don't you go with her? She sounds sweet." The woman suggested, gathering the pieces of potato in a mixing bowl. With a long sigh occurring from her son, she turned to see his saddened expression.

"No... I told you, she has a boyfriend. She's going with him. Plus... She's not... My type." The teenage boy trailed off at the end, looking down to freckled fingers. "Maybe I just won't go." He shrugged.