15: First Kiss

Izuku smiled, fixing his attire before looking over to Ochako. She quickly applied some lip gloss, smiling back before taking the greenette's hand into hers. 

"Alright, now, all we have to do, is go in there and find our men." She chuckled, pointing to the doors that led to the gymnasium. Loud music was heard, as well as cheers. Midoriya smiled wide, knowing damn well Tenya and Katsuki were both waiting for them inside, next to the bar. 

"I wonder what they're wearing." The greenette mumbled, pushing a door open as he walked in. He held Uraraka's hand tightly in his, trying his best to squeeze past the crowd to end up next to the bar. He almost immediately spotted the familiar messy blonde hair, standing next to a male with glasses. A large smile made its way on freckles features as he let go of Ochako's hand, approaching his date, who had finally noticed them coming. 

"Heya, freckles." Katsuki greeted, staring the greenette up and down, amazed by how good the clothes looked on Izuku. A nice button-down, white shirt, with a pair of black dress pants. A nice belt with a golden buckle finished the look. "You look amazing." He complimented, earning a light blush over a fair cheeks. 

"You look good too." Izuku returned, looking down to Katsuki's outfit. He had never seen the blonde wear something so fancy, but he sure did love it. The tall teen wore a simple black button-down shirt, as well as a red vest and black dress pants. He wore a belt and a pair of dress shoes, which made him look like a business man. Something Izuku absolutely loved. Katsuki looked great, the best-looking guy in the room, without a doubt. 

"Thanks." The blonde scoffed, showing off a line of braces the greenette couldn't help but smile back at. "Want to dance? Or... Have a snack?" Katsuki offered, handing over a cup of red liquid; clearly fruit punch. Izuku gladly took it, taking a seat on the stool next to the blonde. He glanced over to the bar, grabbing a heart-shaped pink cookie as he looked over to his brown-haired friend. Uraraka had disappeared into the crowd, along with her lover; Iida. They weren't hard to find, though, since the blue-haired teen wore a tux, and Ochako wore a neon pink dress. 

"So... This is a Valentine's dance, huh?" The greenette questioned, taking a sip from his beverage as he looked back over to his date. 

"Yeah, they have this every year. I never really bothered to attend one until now, though." The blonde admitted. "Speaking of Valentines, thanks for the carnation. I would have gotten you one too, but I was broke and by the time I gathered some cash, the sale was over. So, I got you this, instead." The blonde spoke, remembering the flower that had been delivered to him during homeroom, signed by the green-haired male. The blonde handed over a small box, freckled fingers grabbing onto it. 

"You didn't have to get me anything, y'know?" Izuku blushed with a timid giggle, recognizing the familiar chocolate box that had gone on sale at a local supermarket. 

"Well, I did. I wanted to." Bakugou shrugged, glancing over to the students who kept dancing along to the upbeat music. "So, I don't mean to impose or make you uncomfortable, or anything. But... Did you figure yourself out a bit? Y'know, I've just... I really like you. I kind of want to know if you and I even have a chance, or if I'm wasting my time." The blonde explained, heart heavy inside his chest. He glanced over to a reddish hue covering freckles, before he received a response. 

"I... I like you too." The greenette confessed. "I do. I don't think I'd be ready for a full blown relationship though. I've never dated anybody before, and I'm a little nervous about liking a guy. I know that if my mom finds out about this, I'm dead. She'd be super disappointed, pissed at me." He continued to explain. "But I do like hanging out with you, and the idea of being closer to you makes my heart race." 

"So... That's cool. We both love each other. If you don't want a relationship, then that's fine. We can stay friends." Katsuki said, hoping his friend would refuse the relationship offer and go straight to a romantic relationship. "That sound good?" 

The greenette hesitated a moment, blushing madly as he sipped on his punch. "I want to..." He started, looking up to the stage as a piercing ringing was heard. All students stopped, focusing on the stage as the president of the student council held the microphone up to her mouth. She wore a beautiful blue dress, which matched the bow that held her black hair in a ponytail. 

"I hope everybody's having fun, so far!" She announced, earning cheers from the students on the dance floor. "We'll be playing three slow songs, now. Grab your loved-one and have a dance with them." She softly spoke, placing the microphone back on its stand before walking off the stage. 

Izuku looked over to the students, gathering around with their partners as a slow, romantic song began playing. An awkward silence stood between the two teens as Katsuki stepped off his stool, holding out his hand towards the freckled male. 

"Do you care to dance, or would you rather stay seated?" He asked, earning a sheepish smile from the small teen. Izuku placed his cup on the counter, grabbing onto his friend's hand as they made their way onto the dance floor. One good thing about Yueii was he never felt judged. Dancing with a guy didn't feel shameful, or sinful. He felt accepted and happy, knowing nobody judged him for having fun. 

Freckled fingers gently wrapped around Katsuki's neck, placing his hands on the blonde's upper-back. He looked down to his feet, making sure he was in sync with his partner. Emerald eyes met crimson as they began moving slowly; Bakugou's hands placed on his waist. Izuku's heart raced in his chest, thumping violently against his rib cage. Their faces were only inches apart, yet he could manage to see Katsuki's smile directed to him. 

"You never finished your sentence." The blonde randomly spoke, a clear pink hue appearing on his skin. Izuku's brows furrowed as he tilted his head in confusion. 

"What sentence?" 

"Y'know, what you want to be. Me and you. Friends, or more?" Katsuki asked. Izuku's smile slowly faded as he thought. Was he ready for a relationship? Would it jeopardize the friendship they currently had? 

The silence remained still as Midoriya inhaled, gathering his courage. He leaned forward, tugging gently around the blonde's neck as he gently pressed his lips on Katsuki's. He winced as Bakugou suddenly stopped moving, freezing in place as Midoriya kept pressing. He eventually leaned back, timidly looking up to shocked red eyes. A short silence roamed between them again, before Katsuki scoffed and spoke up. 

"You're a horrible kisser." The blonde cackled, making Midoriya's heart ache. "Don't move, 'kay? Don't pucker up like that, just relax your lips." He explained, moving his hand to Izuku's cheek so he could gently part his lips. "Like that. Don't move, just go with me." He finished, leaning down to meet his pink lips again. This time, more passionate, the kiss lasted a little longer. Midoriya closed his eyes, resting his head on Katsuki's shoulder once they were done; the blonde continuing to dance as the greenette took some time to calm down. 

His first kiss. His very first kiss. 
He wasn't expecting it to be this special, yet he felt like he was floating. His heart was pounding inside his chest, yet it didn't make him panic or stressed out. He simply felt excited, like a little boy receiving the toy he had always wanted. Only, he had received the kiss he had always wanted, from the boy he would always want.