ii.

TO SAY I was shocked was a fricking understatement, I was flabbergasted

TO SAY I was shocked was a fricking understatement, I was flabbergasted. That was the only word I could use to describe how I felt. Flabbergasted.

No girl in the history of girls that I have ever met has ever walked out on me in a conversation. But she did. Why? She didn't even bother to look back at me as she walked away. She just left. 

It's not like I care, it just bothers me a little. That's all.

I didn't want to waste my time pondering on the matter, so I decided to head to class. Immediately when I entered, I saw a stack of papers sitting on our English teacher, Mrs. Patricia's, desk. 

I sat down at the back of the class, my desk being next to Axel's, as he sat there scrolling away on his phone absent mindedly.

"Dude. Do you think that's our scripts from last week?" I questioned, drawing his attention away from his phone to the papers sitting still on Mrs. Patricia's desk.

"I think so. It's about time, I have been waiting to see what I got in English. I think I got a good score."

 "Same. But not for the scores, I think I got an average. Honestly, it doesn't even bother me, it'll do me good to get a C once in a while, maybe."

Soon enough, students started to file into class one by one as the bell rang for the beginning of it. After all the students were seated in their designated seats, Mrs. P. strolled into class soon after.

"Good morning students," she smiled.

"Good morning Mrs. Patricia," the class echoed.

"I know for a fact that some of you may have seen the papers on my desk and must have thought they have something to do with being your scripts from last week," she announced as she walked over to her desk picking up the papers and waving it in the air in case some of the students may have not seen it. "Well, I have come to tell you that they are your scripts."

The smile she walked into the class with was now gone and replaced with a much sterner and more disappointed one.

"I would like to give you all the benefit of the doubt that the test was maybe a little too hard, but frankly, that shouldn't be used as an excuse. Some students did exceptionally well while others not so much."

With a much lighter tone she spoke. "I would still like to say that there is still room for improvement and that anyone can still get good marks if they just worked hard. But with that said, it's time for you guys to see your scripts."

I don't know why I acted the way I did; I was so happy. I felt confident in myself that I will get at least decent in the test, but me oh my was I wrong. I failed. Woefully.

At first, I thought this was some kind of sick joke that she tried to pull on me, but then I thought, 'what type of teacher will pull that shit?' 

To say I was mad was an understatement. I. Was. Livid.