v.

THIS TIME IT wasn't my mother picking me up, but our family driver Mr

THIS TIME IT wasn't my mother picking me up, but our family driver Mr. Sebastian, or Seb for short. I think I've known Mr. Sebastian since the day I was born.

He is a middle-aged man in his late fifties to sixties but looks younger than his age, late forties to fifties. Him and I have gotten incredibly close that I kind of see him as my second father. I find it really easy to talk to him about topics that I don't usually feel comfortable about talking to my dad about; doesn't help the fact that he's always busy.

"Afternoon Mr. Sebastian," I greeted him while I got into the car.

"Good afternoon to you too Dean. How was school today?" he said while switching on the engine.

"It was fine. Nothing to serious happened today so there really isn't anything much to tell you about. Just the usual basically."

"Just the usual?" he looked at me with a side eye," what's the usual then?"

"Well . . . you know school stuff. Preparation for our SATs and ACTs are underway and it's kind of getting stressful going to school and the only thing you'll be doing all day are tests so it's kind of mentally draining not gonna lie."

"Ah . . . I see so what you're implying is that you're in desperate need of a break?" he questioned while shifting in his chair to look at me when we stopped at a red light.

"Yes, but I know I can't have that break because recently I just found out that I screwed up on one of my continuous assessment tests so now I have to study even harder so I can pass my even harder make-up." I whined. 

"If you're feeling a little bit overwhelmed by the thought of doing the make-up, why don't you just set your goal straight and focus on the task at hand no other minor distractions because I know if your parents got to hear that you failed one of your tests that could potentially set you back in the main event which is the exams, they won't take it too likely with you."

"Or, or why don't you just higher a tutor he or she can help you study I mean you could set up times when they could come over and help you study, or you could even go over to their house, and they'll help you study there. It'll be great," he emphasized.

"I have already gotten a tutor her name is Juliette see," I removed the note from my pocket and handed it to him to look through.

He got a good look at it, and I don't mean a quick glance he full on investigated it like it was some sort of ID I had, and he just wanted to make sure that it was real and not fake.

At that same moment I got a text from my dad.

Damian.

When you get home shower and get dressed.

I'll send one of my drivers from the office to come and pick you up.

We're having a dinner meeting at Nova, and I want you to be there