xii.

"NOW IF YOU can all turn over your papers, you'll see the words: name, date and class

"NOW IF YOU can all turn over your papers, you'll see the words: name, date and class. Please make sure to fill in all the slots before you start your test. There are about 100 multiple choice questions that you'll have to answer in the time span of 35 minutes. Nothing less nothing more. If you so happen to be finished before the time, go through your work again and again. Remember it's not always who finishes first that matters. Your time starts now, good luck."

I flip my test paper over and start filling in the blank spaces on the page, reading through the questions while simultaneously shading in the circles on the sheet. Overtime, I suddenly find myself staring at someone I hardly expected myself to be looking at. Brielle. But she wasn't doing what the others were doing, she wasn't doing what she was supposed to be doing then again, I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing as well. 

She was staring at someone, intensely. Like her whole life depended on it. Curious at whom she must be looking at so earnestly, I follow her eyes, the path it takes me on led me to . . . Juliette? Why is she looking at Juliette? 

Maybe she has mistaken Juliette for Natalia, after all she is looking at the back of her head. People make that mistake all the time; it isn't anything unusual.

My eyes go back to Brielle, she's no longer staring, she's glaring, if she could, daggers would have been found at the back of Juliette's head blood already pooling at the floor. 

Brielle, her eyes now in slits, scowls at the back of Juliette's head pushes her pencil down on the paper that sits there idly on her table, any more pressure that pencil of hers will probably break. 

Okay, so it is quite obvious it's Juliette. She doesn't like Juliette that's what I've gotten from it.

My attention now focuses on Juliette whether she may know that Brielle is currently cursing her in her head, but no. She sits there on her desk her attention on her work and her work only. The rays from the sun bounce of the window casting a beautiful golden light unto her already golden hair. She pushes a stray of hair that falls in front of her eyes and places it behind her ears. 

I can't help but look at her, how perfect she looks under the sunlight. I haven't felt this way before. This feeling, it's weird, like a thousand things crawling up inside of me fluttering everywhere. I don't like it but in a way I do. 

It feels nice.

I never had this feeling with Brielle, it was an entirely different feeling with Brielle. I can't explain that feeling but it was I also can't explain this feeling, but it is.

Then I see him. Flicking his pen in one hand the other on his chin resting on the table he stares at Juliette a sparkle in his eyes. Now I feel bad, I mean you would too if you were staring at your best friend's crush. 

I go back to looking at Brielle, she still sits there eyeing Juliette disgust apparent on her face. The tapping of a finger against my shoulder makes my skin jump a little in surprise when I hear a cold hoarse breath speak against my ear, "Master Hawthrone, is there a problem?"