viii.

SCRATCHING MY HEAD, I stood up

SCRATCHING MY HEAD, I stood up. Heading over to my closet I search through all the drawers one more time just to make sure I didn't miss anything, but it wasn't there. 

Where in the world could it be?

I went over to my bag and searched through it again, but it was empty; absolutely nothing was in there.

Where could it be?

This thought has been running through my mind for the last hour now, I just couldn't find the paper Juliette gave me and it was almost eight.

I don't even remember where I dropped it, it could be anywhere by now. At first, I thought it was Daphne who took it but, when I went to ask my mum if she did enter my room, she said she didn't. So, where could it be?

Seven forty-five pm. That was the time set on my phone when I opened it, if I don't find this paper soon, I could kiss passing that make-up goodbye.

I hurriedly walked back into my bedroom searching through everything that came in my way, until it finally hit me.

Immediately, I ran down the stairs and into the backyard where I last saw Mr. Sebastian, it suddenly came to my realization that he was the last person I gave the paper to, and I must've forgotten to take it back from him.

Luckily for me, Mr. Sebastian was still in the same position I spotted him in a few hours ago although, this time instead of sitting by himself he was sitting next to my father.

"Mr. Sebastian!" I called out to him grabbing both his and my father's attention, stopping their conversation mid-way.

"Mr. Sebastian," I panted, "th-the paper I-I gave you, the one with Ju-Juliette's number on it, do you still have it?"

At first, he looked confused, until he finally realized what I was letting on and made a huge 'o' sound with his mouth.

"Oh, yes, the paper I don't have it on me right now, but I left it in the car—where the center console is you'll find it there, it's pink right?" he asked, trying to recall the exact colour of the sticky note to make sure he wasn't mistaken.

"Yes, yes, it is, thank you Mr. Sebastian."

It took me a while to find the exact car since most of the cars parked in the garage were mostly black but after a while of searching, I found it, it was parked at the far end corner of the lot. Without hesitation, I pressed the button on the key to open the car and swung the door wide open almost scratching the car beside it.

Crawling inside the car, I opened up the console, there—like Mr. Sebastian said—was the folded pink sticky note, just to make sure it was the right one I opened it up and it was the same one that Juliette gave me. I hastily stuffed it inside my pocket, locked the door, returned the key to its rightful position and took off to my room, almost running over Dianna in the process as she glares daggers at me from behind.