vii.

MY ALARM BEEPED for the umpteenth time, and I just couldn't take it anymore

MY ALARM BEEPED for the umpteenth time, and I just couldn't take it anymore. Taking my hand, I tap it all over my bedside table until I found my alarm clock and bang it until it stops ringing.

Flipping to the other side, I pull the covers on top of me more before slowly drifting back to sleep.

*Beep* *Beep*

That's it. Getting up I bring my hand up, and in a swift motion bang my alarm clock until it couldn't beep anymore. That's a problem I'll have to deal with later, not now though, i'm too tired for that.

"I'm so tired," I murmur to myself feeling the urge to just go back to bed as my eyes start to close.

Reluctantly, I push the duvet cover off of me and sit on the edge of my bed, both of my hands on my sides as my head stays down. I take my glasses out of its case placing it on the bridge of my nose.

Before I got up, I slipped on my fuzzy slippers and slowly walked to the attic door dragging my feet with each step I take.

Surprisingly enough, I managed to finish getting ready in time. I sincerely was in no mood to go to school today, I just felt like crawling back in bed and forgetting I had any responsibilities.

Entering the kitchen, the smell of hostility filled the air, bacon too. Taking a seat next to my dad I kiss his cheek to greet him.

"Good morning, Jules," my dad spoke behind the newspaper he is reading.

"Good morning dad. How was your night?" I asked, sitting myself down on the chair next to him taking the jug of orange juice in my hand and pouring it in the cup I took from the drawer.

"It would've been better if your mother didn't keep me up all night complaining to me about your late-night doings . . ." my dad looked at me from the corner of his eyes.

I remained quiet.

"Juliette . . . why did you break your mother's vase?" he questioned, putting down the newspaper he crossed his left leg over the other giving me his full attention.

"I didn't, it was Natalia, you have to believe me," I said defensively. I was really tired of people blaming me for things I didn't do, and I'm hoping my dad doesn't become one of them.

He eyed me suspiciously; unlike my mom, my dad could see right through Natalia, that's why she clung to mom more. But even though he could tell when Natalia was lying, it's really hard for him to say no to her, so he's actions are very unjust at times.

Before my dad could mutter a word, my mom interrupted him, "Richard, I advise you to save your breath, whatever you're going to say to her is going to enter one ear and leave the next," she says while bringing in a plate of freshly cooked bacon and eggs and setting it on the table.

"Plus, I'm sure she's just going to counter it with one of her iconic lines such as it wasn't me it was Natalia or Natalia is lying, she's the culprit and I'm the victim," she paused to glare at me, "or are my lying?" she questioned me as she took her seat next to my dad.