Chapter 14

Wonyung was in Neymar's kitchen making breakfast for Davi who was still asleep. Neymar had left for training which meant he wouldn't be back until lunch. She was making him sandwiches opting to make a quick, easy breakfast because she was too tired.

Neymar, Davi and her spent the whole day of yesterday playing football out in Neymar's yard. She was spreading butter on the bread when she got the idea to call her parents. She had kept postponing it but it was long overdue now so she took her phone that was on the island and dialled her moms number.

Her mom answered immediately and Wonyung heard a small, " Wonyung?" come from the phone. "Mom it's me." She put her phone on speaker and set it on the island. Wonyung heard small sobs coming from the phone and started tearing up. "My baby, how are you?" Her mom sobbed. "I'm doing good mom. How about you and dad?"

"We are fine, we just miss you so much." Wonyung heard sniffles instead of sobs signalling her mom had calmed down. "I know but you know why I had-." "I know and we're so sorry. We didn't realise how we treated you until after you left." Her mom interrupted. "We just want to see you again." She added.

"I know, I want to see you guys too mom but I don't know when I'll be able to come." Wonyung said cutting Davi's sandwich in a triangle. "We'll come to you if that's okay." Her mom suggested. Davi then walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Good morning Wonie." He mumbled. "Good morning sweetie." She greeted back.

"Look mom, I have to go but you can come anytime." Wonyung spoke turning her attention back to her phone. Davi took a seat on one of the barstools and Wonyung slid his food over to him. "Alright, please keep in touch." Her mom begged. "Tell dad I said hi." "Will do. Bye, love you." "Love you too bye." Wonyung hang up and took a deep breath.

"How did you sleep?" She asked Davi putting away the items on the counter top. Davi put up his thumb since he had just taken a bite of the sandwich. "Good. Listen I'm going to go shower so when you're done leave the plate on the counter I'll clean it up, okay?" Davi nodded and smiled.

Wonyung walked around the island, got to Davi and kissed his head. She left to Neymar's bedroom and took her things from the bag she took. She went into the en-suit bathroom, closed the door and undressed. She felt relieved after talking to her mom. She felt stupid, she had been living alone with baggage from her parents when she could've called them and check up on them.

After showering and getting dressed, she walked to kitchen, put Davi's plate in the dishwasher. She went to the living room and found Davi laying on the couch watching cartoons. She sat on an open spot and took her phone responding to comments on her latest posts. She looked over to Davi and put her phone next to her on the couch.

Her phone started ringing, she answered when she saw who the caller was. "Hi love." Wonyung greeted smiling. She hadn't talked to Neymar since he left in the morning for training. "Hi honey, how are you and Davi doing?" He asked. "We are doing good, Davi just ate breakfast. How about you?" She answered.

"I'm good, I just miss you." He mumbled through the phone. "I miss you too but you'll be home in an hour." She said looking at the clock above the tv. "But an hour is too long." He countered. "It'll be over soon, focus on training and you'll be done before you know it." She laughed.

"And I called my parents." She added. "You did? What did they say?" He asked concern clear in his voice. "Umh, my mom said they're are sorry and want to come see me." She relayed. "Do you want them to come?" "Yeah, I haven't seen them in a long time." She expressed.

"Did they say when?" "No but my mom said she'll tell me when they can come." Wonyung answered. "Rafaella called before I called you and said they're coming to visit me so I was wondering if you wanted to come for dinner and meet them?" He suggested.