Chris Sturniolo?

"I cannot close this damn suitcase!" I said, frustration flowing through my veins.

"For fucks sake Alora let your mother try." My mom said pushing me off the suitcase.

I had to leave for the airport in less than 3 minutes if I wanted to make my flight. It was currently 6:23 and my plane starts boarding in 45 minutes.

I heard Miya start laughing as I looked up and saw that my mom had zipped my suitcase up first try.

"Thank you, momma. I don't know what I would do without you." 

"Let's be honest Al you would be living in shambles if it wasn't for my queen Madrigal," Miya said throwing her arm around my mom's shoulders.

"Miya's right. You'd be struggling if it wasn't for me." My mom said with a smug look sitting happily on her face. "Now you gotta go if you want to make it to the airport."

"Yeah yeah I know I know, but if I miss the flight at least I'll be able to hang out with you guys for another night," I said picking up my suitcase.

"Lance would probably kick your ass for missing the flight, and then he'd kick our asses for letting you miss your flight," Miya said lifting my backpack onto her shoulders. "Jesus Al, do you have rocks in here? Why's your backpack so fucking heavy?"

"For your information, my will to live is sitting in that backpack." I shot back.

"Well then wouldn't the backpack be empty?" My mother asked while putting away a few things I managed to throw around while trying to pack.

Miya and I bursted into laughter at that comment.

"Now let's go Alora you seriously won't make it on time." My mom was now pushing both Miya and me out of my bedroom.

I loaded everything into my trunk and as I turned around I see my mom standing in front of me with tears forming in her eyes.

"Oh momma, please don't cry." I pleaded while pulling her into a hug.

If she started crying now I wouldn't be able to hold myself together.

She grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back slightly so that she could see my face. "My Alora there aren't enough words in this world that would allow me to describe how proud of you I am. I mean look at you, 19, and finishing up your second tour around the country." Yeah, two sentences were all it took for my tears to start falling. "Whenever you find yourself drowning remember that your mom is right here to keep you afloat." When I said that this woman was my rock I meant it. With every breathing bone in my body, I meant it.

"I love you so so much momma. Thank you." I pulled her back into a hug.

"I love you to the moon and to Saturn." If there was one thing my mom always said it was those lyrics from our favorite song. The day folklore dropped my mom and I drove around listening to that masterpiece of an album, and when she heard those lyrics she never stopped saying them. "Now stay safe and please don't do anything stupid."

"I'll stay safe. Don't you worry." I said as my mom detached herself from our hug.

As I looked to my left I saw Miya who had tears running down her face too. "Oh god Miya you too?" I cracked a smile as I walked over to her.

"Please don't run off and go find a new best friend while you're in LA." It was the same sentence she always recited to me whenever I left for anywhere.

"I wouldn't dream of it, Mimi." I was stuck with her, and she was stuck with me but I wouldn't have it any other way. "Do you want me to drive you home?" I asked her as we broke away from our hug