Down the Drain

"Chris give me aux," Nick said trying to reach the cord.

"No bro I want aux. We both know I have the better taste in music," Chris argued plugging his phone in.

"Christopher Owen Sturniolo just give me aux for the love of god," Nick was still trying to reach for it.

"You know I don't know what I was expecting for your middle name to be Chris but Owen suits you well," I butted in

"Is that a good or bad thing?" He questioned.

"I don't know that's for you to figure out," I shrugged

"Guess what Matt's middle name is," Chris laughed

"Please don't." Matt chimed in

"Matt you look like your middle name could be Conner." He shook his head no to my guess

"I wish it was something like Conner." He mumbled

"What is it? It can't be that bad." Oh did I think wrong.

"It's Bernard."

"BERNARD. Oh my god, I've never heard a better middle name for someone,"

"You know Alora I think you are the first person who hasn't laughed when he told someone," Nick spoke

"I don't think I can laugh. My mother is the person to turn to if you need a bad middle name," My mom had fucked both my siblings and me over with our middle names. They were bad. No matter who told me they weren't I knew deep down that they were lying.

"Okay well, now you have to spill. Hit us. What's the middle name?" Chris asked looking over his shoulder.

"My older brother is Reginald, my older sister is Elspeth, and mine is Bessie," I said

"BESSIE" Nick was hollering with laughter

"Oh my god Alora your mother must hate you guys to give you all middle names like that," Chris said with laughter spilling out with his words.

I looked over to Matt to see that he was trying not to laugh.

"Matt it's okay you can laugh," I couldn't even finish my sentence before he broke out into a fit of laughs.

"The way I am never complaining about my middle name ever again," Matt said still laughing.

"Yeah yeah I know I know it's bad," I said laughing along

"For that terrible middle name you get aux Alora," Chris said throwing the cable back towards me.

I didn't know what to play so I gave aux on over to Nick who put his liked songs on shuffle.

Through the car speakers, I heard the beginning of my song Movies start playing.

"Great taste in music Nick," I teased him

"I'll skip it if you want," He said opening Spotify back up.

"Oh no no no this is my favorite one of my songs to sing."

With that Nick and I started belting out the lyrics.

"Movies, movies, I want a love like the movies," Nick and I screamed along.

We sang and sang and when I looked at the passenger seat I saw Chris singing along too.

"Chris I didn't catch you as a guy that would enjoy Movies," I said catching him off guard

"What can I say? I'm a man that's full of surprises," He said while shrugging his shoulders.

I laughed at that and got back to singing with Nick.