Closing Night

"There you are! Good lord Alora I've been looking everywhere for you two," Lance announced as he barged into the dressing room causing Alora and Chris to jolt awake. "I hate to wake you but it's time for soundcheck. The rest of your friends are here too. Just meet me on the stage in a few please."

Alora groaned as she positioned herself so that she was no longer laying on Chris's shoulder but instead on his lap as Lance walked out of the room, "Fuck soundcheck I just wanna sleep a little longer," She mumbled to Chris.

"C'mon you gotta get up Lora," He replied as he played with a few strands of her hair, "Plus you made me get out of bed this morning so it's only fair if I do it back."

"Hey that's different I gave you the option," She stated as she slowly lifted herself up and off of the couch.

"Maybe but I got you up quicker so I win," He shrugged.

They had made their way to the stage where everyone was sort of huddled around. Alora and Chris made their way around to say hi to Madi, Sab, Oliver, and of course, Nick and Matt before they moved down to the pit to watch Alora soundcheck. "Alright Al the floor is yours, you know what to do," Lance announced as Alora sat on her chair with her guitar in hand. She flowed through her songs with ease, trying her best not to overwork her voice.

On the floor the group of her six friends listened intently, taking in every word that she sang. Chris stared at the girl in awe. He noticed the way her eyes closed when she sang a lyric that was just a little bit deeper than the rest, the way she lightly tapped her foot to the beat, and how easily she strummed along. He was amazed at the talent Alora held. She was a beautiful singer, anyone could see it. He cheered her every time she finished a song, and as each song passed he just got louder and louder.

"You are gonna kill it tonight," He told her when she had finished and they were now standing backstage once again.

"Thanks, babycakes, I really hope so," She said. "Now we got to go find Millie 'cause she's here and waiting by the back door."

"Well, then what are we waiting for?"

"Hey, beautiful!" Alora emphasized as she greeted Millie. "I'm so happy you could come."

"I'm gonna be honest I haven't fully processed that I'm actually here. Hi Chris!" She said as she left Alora's hug. "God I am so ready."

"Hey let's go introduce you to everyone else," Chris told her. Millie followed his lead as he brought her to where everyone was hanging out. "Guys this is Millie and she's our best friend for the night."

"Oh my god, it's so good to meet you!!" Nick excitedly said as he walked over to hug the girl. Millie was welcomed by all of them with such ease. They treated her as a friend and not a fan from the first moment and it made her smile ear to ear. It felt so easy to talk to them, and they all bonded great. Alora stuck close by her side as they all talked just in case she got overwhelmed.

"Guys I hate to cut this short, but I must go get ready cause doors open in about 15 minutes which means I'm taking the stage in about 45. If you need anything Lance is always hopping around and well yeah, Seriously thank you all for being here tonight, it means the world and so much more to me," Alora told the group as they finished up the pizza that was delivered.

"Good luck tonight Alora," Matt told her.

"I can't wait to see you blow everyone's breath away tonight. You're gonna do great," Oliver then spoke up.

"We love you so much girl," Madi next said.

"Thank you for giving me the chance to be here," Millie lastly spoke.

Alora went around hugging everyone before stopping before Chris and giving him a tight squeeze, "Thank you for coming early with me."

"Always Lora, thank you for dragging me along." Was the last thing Alora heard before she ran off to her dressing room.