Boom.

——————————
A/N:
Trigger warnings for this chapter:
Panic attacks
Derealization.
——————————

BOOM.BigBSt4tz2 Hit the Ground too hard.

Renthedog Died.

Grian stared at the messages.

The list of greens had shrunk already. Twice as fast as ever before.

Geminitay. Iskall85. EthosLab. SmallishBeans. SolidarityGaming. Tangotek. Renthedog. BigBst4tz2

Iskall burned in lava. Joel broke a boat containing an enderman. Tango got caught in a creeper explosion while mining. Bigb fell off the roof of the Box.

Those were eight yellows. Far too many.

Grian put away his communicator. Walked over to Scar.

"Scar?"

Scar looked up from his work. "Yea, G?"

Grian showed Scar his Comm. "Ren and Bigb just died..."

Scar frowned. "That's not good."

Grain shook his head, looking at the blocky font. "Do you think we should talk to Scott and the others about what to do with the growing mass of Yellows?"

Scar thought for a moment. "I don't think so. If it keeps happening at the speed that it currently is, then iot would make sense to address it. For now though, hopefully it'll all be okay."

Grian nodded. "Alright."

Scar smiled, taking his hand. "In the meantime, we need something to distract ourselves. How's your terraforming going?"

Grian led him over to the tarnished peice of land he'd been working on. Originally their plan had just been to smooth it out a littte, and fill in some creeper holes, but they had decided to go all out.

"That looks really good, G!"

Grian looked to Scar, who was admiring his bullshit terraforming job.

"Are you sure? It doesn't seem that great to me."

Scar shook his head. "Nonsense, this kind of thing just takes a buttload of time and energy to perfect. You're doing really well!"

"I guess so..."

Grian walked around the area, picking up stray bits of dirt that were scattered around. He looked in his bag, seeing all the junk littering it.

"Mkay Scar, I'm gonna be back in a second, I'm just going to put this stuff away."

Scar nodded. "Okay. Maybe try not to ruin Pearl's storage room just yet?"

Grian pouted. "How am I supposed to live without wrecking the fancy sorting?!"

Scar shrugged. "You'll survive."

Grian sighed, shaking his head as he trecked the path to the storage area.

He dumped his stuff into a random chest, leaving it for Pearl to rage clean later, and headed back down to Scar.

He was just about to call out another complaint when he saw a quick flash of green through the leaves. He froze. It was the wrong shade for Scott's jacket. Did anyone else wear green? Bdubbs had spawned in without his moss, so it couldn't've been him.

He saw it again.

He froze.

He was in the village. Scar was suggesting they take over a sand biome. He scoffed and headed back to the others. He saw a creeper and a grin began to creep up his face.

The horrid hissing.

He was cackling as the enchanting table exploded.

He couldn't move.

Scar held out a bundle of flowers to him. Lilacs and poppies.

He couldnt breathe.

They were dancing in the desert night even though they had no music.

Scar looked over at him.

His questioning glance flipped into the bloodthirsty grin.

He reached out a hand. And the scene changed.

"It's okay. You can kill me."

Grian's hand was filled with diamond. They were in the river. Scar on his knees. Grian's sword at his neck.

Boom.

And then an explosion and they were back in the desert and Scar had pulled the lever again and Grian's ears were ringing but he couldnt hear anything and he was wondering how he was alive but no that couldn't be right he died but he's alive but he died in the explosion but only Scar died in the creeper explosion but Grian died in the desert explosion when Martyn killed him and thought he had saved him but it was always Scar who had saved him so of course he went back but what if he hadn't gone back. Everything was loud. He couldnt think. Everything was bright and vivid but he couldnt see, why couldnt he see and he was in pain why was he in so much pain what had happened he was careful, he was so careful oh god what about the soulbound, how was Scar, if Grian was in this much pain surely Scar had to be aswell and oh god he was so sorry for causing Scar pain and he didn't know if Scar would ever forgive him, but even if he did forgive him Grian would never even deserve his forgiveness because Grian cost him his first life when he blew him up but the creeper walked to Scar on its own but he led it there as a prank but he can't move so how could he have done that but of course he can move, he was always moving around when he killed Scar for the last time but they're still on green and no one has died for the last time and and and and and and and....

And he woke up.

He woke up, and he raised his hand above his head to block the light. And he saw the raised skin and burn marks.

And felt slightly less alive than he did before.

———————
A/N:
Okay yea this is way shorter than most of the chapters in this fic but like- I'm proud of it. Ngl I've been struggling with this chapter for ages, and wrote the majority of it in my math class cuz that's when the words actually started comin to me-

Sorry if it's clunkey and doesn't progress smoothly or smthn, I'm just kinda tired rn.

Also, sorry for the fucking WALL of text near the end, I know I hate reading walls of text, but I didn't wanna make it to fancy and pretty or i feel like it kinda looses that authenticity, or panicked feeling.

I kinda like how I set the mood ngl. Like he's panicking and can't think straight and Yada yada. I know that it probably doesn't look pretty or fit my normal writing style, but I think it works better if it's rushed and confusing and panicked and contradicting and shit. Cuz like- that's how it feels in the moment. Hopefully I did a decent way of conveying that.

Ik this chapter has kinda a different mood than the others, but I think it was kinda needed, cuz like- grian has been healing, yes. But he still has trauma and stuff, and that stuff sometimes never goes away, and I think that that's an important thing to acknowledge. And this is still a death game. And you need to be careful not to let your guard down. Nowhere is safe, no one is safe.

Once again, sorry this chapter took so long to write, motivation has evaded me. Idk when the next one's gonna be. Might be a while sorry.

Anyways, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, Ik it had a different kinda vibe. Also, I only proof read this like- once- so if u spot any typos pls tell me so I can fix them.

12/7/23

WHATS RENS IGN PLEASE IVE LOOKED FOR LIKE 10 MINS AND CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE WTH. 

Ive never been the biggest fan of this, not the next chapter tbh. they just feel clunkey and wierddly placed tbh... 

this chapter stayed pretty much identical, mainly just some italicizing when necessary.

anyways, ty for reading!