4 | T is for Taeyong

Despite the ominous night, the mansion woke up with an energy not very different from usual. Dal-ae had reported to Taeyong's room earlier today and was dressed perfectly except for her hair which was still tied shabbily in a loose bun this time. But seeing the effort she had put into it, Taeyong did not comment. Her movements today were less awkward and quicker. After making her Master's bed, she was summoned inside the bathroom to help Taeyong wash up and wipe the water off his body later. The slight blush in her cheeks from yesterday no longer crept into her face, instead, there was a stoic calm in the ease with which she carried herself today.

When they stepped outside the bathroom, Taeyong had expected her to run off to the closet to fetch his clothes for the day only to find them laid out neatly in their position already. He couldn't help but be impressed by how quickly Dal-ae had adapted as his Familiar.

He watched her closely as she was dressing him layer by layer and said, 'Doyoung informed me that you were asking for a means of communication.'

Though startled, her face showed no sign of it, but Taeyong felt her hands stiffen.

'There is nothing that happens in this mansion without my permission. There is no need to feel betrayed that Doyoung informed me of this,' he said.

At this, her movements stopped and she looked up at him with eyes that said - Am I that obvious?

'Humans are easier to read. Your breath, your blood, your heartbeat, they change with every emotion,' Taeyong answered even though she didn't ask the question out loud.

But Dal-ae still didn't respond. She lowered her eyes again, stopping for a second on the scar on the left side of Taeyong's chest before pulling the silk shirt on top of his pale chest.

'Is there someone you wish to talk to?' Taeyong asked.

'How am I to call you when need be?' Dal-ae replied.

'That is not a proper answer.'

Hearing the change in his tone, Dal-ae paused for a moment before replying softly, 'I wished to call you when need be.'

'Good,' Taeyong said, happy with the change in answer. 'Come here.'

Dal-ae looked up again raising her eyebrows. Taeyong smirked, and raised his hand to the glittering silver collar wrapped around her neck. Gliding his fingers along its curve, he stopped at the T in the centre, holding it firmly between his index finger and thumb. Not once did Dal-ae break the eye contact, not even when she felt a sudden warmth radiate from his cold fingers onto her neck. From the T into the curve of the collar, Dal-ae felt the whole choker heat up and if she could see, she would have seen a silvery sheen rising from it.

After some time, Taeyong let go of the silver T and said, 'Whisper my name into it and I'll hear you.'

Almost immediately, Dal-ae whispered into the T, 'Master,' then looked up eagerly. 'Did it work?'

Amused, Taeyong smiled and shook his head.

'No? Master,' she tried again. 'Now?'

He sighed, shaking his head again, and walked towards the closet to choose his tie for the day.

Alone in the bedroom, Dal-ae was getting annoyed with every try. She was yelling at the T from different angels, 'Master, Master, MASTER!' But all she could hear was Taeyong's amused laughter coming from the closet.

'You are teasing me. This was a lie, wasn't it?' Dal-ae said when he came back to the room.

'I didn't lie,' Taeyong told her, and gestured towards the shoes, sitting down on the chair by the window.