18 | Drink from Me

The fireplace in Taeyong's chamber burned the whole night for the first time in centuries, the soft crinkle slowly dying away, giving way to the orange of the sun outside. But in the warmth, Dal-ae felt a chill ran through her spine hearing the woman, who screamed so many times in her dreams before, cry out in agony again. The same odour of blood, and the same sounds of flesh consumed Dal-ae. She shivered outwardly, sweat forming on her forehead when the dream world rose around her in roaring flames.

But when she woke this time from this terrible dream, she realized that she was held by someone. She fluttered her eyes open and dazedly leaned into Taeyong, who had his arms wrapped around her.

'Shhh...' he whispered and like a bolt of sudden realization Dal-ae moved away.

'Are you alright?' Taeyong asked but Dal-ae had already turned her back to him.

'I'm sorry,' she said, smoothing out her clothes, getting ready to leave. But just as she was about to set foot on the marble floor a knock sounded on the chamber door.

'It must be the maid with my goblets,' Taeyong said.

At this, she stopped and turned to face him. 'Do you still need them?'

Taeyong stared back at her, unsure of what she meant.

'Why don't you drink from me?' she whispered and saw something shift in Taeyong's eyes.

Slowly, she slipped inside the blanket again and touched her warm hand to his face. The maid knocked on the door again, but the two stayed in place. 'Drink from me, Master,' she whispered and pulled his face towards her neck till she felt his lips against her bare skin.

'Drink from only me,' she breathed and felt his lips tremble before his fangs scraped the spot.

'Ugh,' Taeyong groaned and pulled her closer by her waist before sinking himself into her. The wound from last night was still fresh and even though it hurt much more, Dal-ae let her Master suck from her.

He flipped her over and pressed her into the bed, the taste of her blood first thing in the morning tasted like heaven on his tongue. But he knew not to draw too much after last night and only after a minute or two he pulled away, wiping his mouth with the back of his palm.

Gently, he helped her up. 'Are you feeling alright?' he asked, wiping her neck with a tissue.

'Yes, Master,' she said, not lying.

Another knock sounded on the door but this time it was not the maid.

'It's Doyoung,' he told her and waited for her to straighten up while putting on his shirt too. Dal-ae stood by the window in her usual position and Taeyong sat himself on the bed before asking Doyoung to come in.

He looked visibly irritated walking inside holding a tray of goblets in his hands. Placing the tray onto the desk, he spoke, 'The maid left them outside, my Lord.'

'I have no need for them. You can take them away,' Taeyong replied.

'Are you sure, my Lord?'

'Mhm. Why are you here this early?'

'Oh, yes. Senior Taeil and Mark are here to see you. Jaehyun is waiting with them in the saloon,' Doyoung said, picking up the tray from the table.

At this, Taeyong sighed. 'I'll be down shortly. Could you take Dal-ae and give her an ointment for the wounds on her neck?'

Doyoung whipped his head at Dal-ae to find the puncture wounds, and sure enough in the crook of her neck there were two marks.

'Why can't you seal them?' he asked.