0.4

❝My specialty is being right when other people are wrong

My specialty is being right when other people are wrong.

GEORGE BERNARD SHAW

0.4 : simple deduction

OR

season 3, episode 20 : lo-fi (ctd.)

FIN'S PRETTY SURE SHE'S NOT FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO FOLD IN HALF, SO WHY ARE THERE FEET NEAR HER FACE? She rubs the sleep from her eyes and blinks, trying to focus. There's someone else in the bed, rolled over, facing the wall, breathing deeply beneath the blankets. What in the hell-?

And then there's a loud rap rap on the door, which explains why Fin's suddenly awake. "Hey, kid, it's almost seven. Get ya ass out of bed."

Kid? Morgan never calls her "kid". Fin brushes her hair out of her eyes and pushes herself up on one elbow, blinking around at the room. She's still wearing her clothes from yesterday, which is odd. There's a map on the bedside table, a tie hanging over the bathroom door-oh. Oh, dear.

Fin groans, closing her eyes. "Shit."

"Good morning to you, too."

Spencer's sitting up in bed behind her, yawning. He catches her eye and looks away, flushing. "I, uh-Hi."

"Why didn't you wake me up last night?" Fin asks. She can't help but notice his t-shirt is hitched up on the side, exposing his bare hip, and she looks away, feeling suddenly warm.

"It was late," Spencer replies. "I just didn't see the point of making you leave when you were so peaceful."

RAP RAP. "Hey, kid, we don't have all day. What are you doing in there?"

"Coming!" Spencer calls. Avoiding Fin's eyes, he climbs out of the bed and shuffles over to the door, brushing his hair out of his eyes. He opens the door a few inches. "What?"

"He lives," Morgan says sarcastically. He's already fully dressed, apparently ready to go. "We're about to head out. There's coffee and bagels at headquarters."

"I'll be down in a minute," Spencer replies dismissively. Fin slides off the bed and pulls her shoes out, sliding them on. She has to change; her blouse is all wrinkled. And something needs to be done about this hair. It looks like some birds had sex in it all night. Like all night.

"Hang on a minute." Morgan peers past Spencer, staring at Fin on the floor. "Fin? What are you doing in Reid's room?"

"Derek-" Fin stands up, glaring at him. She doesn't need this today. "Say nothing."