2.2

❝All suffering originates from craving, from attachment, from desire

❝All suffering originates from craving, from attachment, from desire.❞

EDGAR ALLAN POE

2.2 : redskins tickets

IT'S GIRLS' NIGHT (PLUS WILL) AT JJ'S, THE FIRST OF WHAT FIN HOPES WILL BE MANY, AND THERE'S A LOT OF WINE AND LAUGHING AND COOING OVER BABY HENRY. Fin can't remember the last time she felt this comfortable in a group of women (plus Will).

Over dinner, Penelope talks about her boyfriend, a fellow FBI tech analyst by the name of Kevin, who, incredibly, Fin has never met, even though he's helped them on cases and such. Emily claims she's in her "single era" and that the only man she wants is a cat. JJ and Will are so hopelessly in love that Fin can't help but smile at them.

After dinner, Penelope leaves early, saying she promised Kevin she'd watch Doctor Who with him afterward, and Emily's yawning after her third glass of wine, so she leaves just before nine.

"Please let me help you do the dishes," Fin says for the third time, and Will shakes his head, grinning.

"Not a chance. JJ's been going stir-crazy sitting here alone for the past couple weeks. She misses the hell out of y'all. So go in there."

"Fine." Fin rolls her eyes, but she's smiling.

JJ looks up when she walks in and smiles. "Hey. Will wouldn't let you help with the dishes, huh?"

"Nope." Fin plops down beside her on the couch. "You might've just found yourself the last true Southern gentleman alive, Jaj."

"Maybe." JJ grins, stroking Henry's hair absentmindedly. His eyelids flutter, but he doesn't stir. "What about you? Any special guys in your life?"

Fin laughs. "Yeah, no. I don't have time for guys." Liar.

JJ raises her eyebrows skeptically. "Then what's going on between you and Reid?"

"Nothing."

"A little bird told me you were making out in the hallway in Atlanta."

"What?" Fin's jaw drops. "We weren't making out!"

"Sure." JJ's mouth twitches in amusement.

"Seriously! We weren't."

"Mmhmm."

"I mean, we almost did, but–"

"Ah-ha." JJ's eyes are glittering slyly; Fin doesn't know if she should be scared or not. "Emily owes me twenty bucks."

"For what?!"

"I bet her when you first started that you and Reid would be into each other," JJ explains far too nonchalantly.