0.8

❝Don't light yourself on fire trying to brighten someone else's existence

Don't light yourself on fire trying to brighten someone else's existence.

CHARLOTTE ERIKSSON

0.8 : m&ms and baby names

"YOU'RE SERIOUSLY GONNA LOOK AT YOUR NEWBORN BABY, FRESH OUT OF THE WOMB, AND GO, 'YEP, HE LOOKS LIKE A SILAS.'" Fin raises her eyebrows across her desk at JJ. "Seriously?"

"Silas is a cute name!"

"No, it's a homeless man's name!" Fin pops an M&M into her mouth, rolling her eyes. "I have never met a well-respected person with the name Silas."

"Okay, well, then what would you suggest?" JJ challenges her, tilting her head to the side cockily.

"Something new, something different..." Fin trails off, thinking. She has a whole list at home, names she thinks are perfect for some baby boy or girl. "Like Atlas."

JJ wrinkles her nose. "You had all this time to think of a better name and you chose Atlas?"

"You know what, Jaj, Atlas is Greek and means 'enduring'. It's a strong boy's name, but it's freeing, it's different." Fin sighs contentedly. She loves that name.

"Isn't Atlas also the Greek god of sex or something?" JJ asks, frowning.

Um, no. Fin scowls at her. "No, he was a Titan before the gods and he held up the sky so it wouldn't crush the earth. Atlas is a noble name, JJ. Just admit it!"

"I'm not naming my kid Atlas," JJ replies, shaking her head. "No way."

"The Greek god of sex was Himeros, actually, if you were wondering." Spencer drops into his office chair across from Fin, a fresh cup of coffee in his hand. "He was one of the Erotes, a collection of winged gods associated with love, and part of Aphrodite's retinue."

"So you heard our conversation?" JJ asks him, turning to face him.

Spencer shakes his head, sipping his coffee carefully. "I just heard you ask about the Greek god of sex. I wasn't around for the rest of it."

"Okay, so he's neutral so far." Fin likes this new development; she can convince Spencer to side with her instead of JJ. She leans forward toward him, elbows on her desk. "So Spencer-"

"Yes?" Now he looks a little scared.

"We're having a discussion about baby names."

"Oh, do you know the gender of the baby?" Spencer asks, interest replacing the fear on his face.

JJ nods. "We found out yesterday. It's a boy." She places a hand on her belly, rubbing the small bump there comfortingly.

"And JJ and I-Well, we disagree on names," Fin says. "I personally like names like Atlas and Soren, and JJ-"