0.7

❝Without friends, no one would want to live, even if he had all other goods

Without friends, no one would want to live, even if he had all other goods.

ARISTOTLE

0.7 : favorite colors

"FINLEY."

Fin turns around, immediately surprised to see Hotch behind her, but then she smiles. "Hey, you look okay for a guy who was just blown up."

He lets a small smile cross his lips. "I just can't fly."

"Oh, bummer. Yeah, busted eardrums can be a bitch." Fin's had a few of those in her past; they suck. "So you're driving back?"

Hotch nods. "I should get in close to noon, so it's not bad." Then his expression softens. "Actually, I wanted to...apologize."

"Apologize?" This, Fin was not expecting.

"I was...unfairly harsh toward you after you sided with Morgan about being out on the streets," he continues, looking as though this pains him to say. "Kate was under a lot of pressure and I did direct my attention toward her as a result of that, and... I apologize."

Fin's eyebrows shoot up. "Wow. Um, okay. Apology accepted." She manages a chuckle. "But you do know that you're my boss, and so according to the boss-employee code of conduct, you don't actually have to say you're sorry."

Hotch actually laughs. He laughs. "Good work today, Finley."

And that is that. Fin's surprised she got a smile and a laugh out of Hotch. Despite everything awful that's come out of New York this week, there might be some good yet.

The paramedic was the second terrorist, as Fin figured out right after Hotch collapsed, and the bomb was in the ambulance they drove into the hospital, which was holding someone incredibly high-level–so high-level, they couldn't even tell Hotch. So the rest of the team showed up and they tracked down the ambulance driver–but not before he set the bomb to go off.

So Morgan had to drive the ambulance into Central Park–he almost died, and Penelope's still pissed about it–and the pseudo-paramedic committed suicide right as they got to him.

Kate never made it off the table.

Hotch hasn't said anything about it, so neither has anyone else, but they can all tell it's on his mind. They all know it would be a shitty move to try and bring it up; he'll deal with it, in his own time.

"Hey, you want a ride back to the airport?"

It's JJ and Emily, both smiling. Fin would really love to take them up on their offer, but she's got a feeling that being alone for a bit wouldn't be too bad.