disclaimer (read this first!!)

hi hi everybody this is ya girl maia <33 i love you all so much, but since i know the fanfic community all too well, i thought i should *probably* write this lil disclaimer for all of you people out there to set some expectations.

#1. i don't write smut. in part because it makes me *massively* uncomfy to sit there and write about people having sex, but also because *shocker* this is not a one direction fanfic (if ya know, ya know). i feel like sometimes criminal minds (and other shows too ofc) can skip over trauma and there are storylines that, while they do make the characters more real to us, didn't get enough screen time due to script limits and all that. so this story is about what goes on off-screen. it's about a girl who has very real trauma and a lot to deal with, and how she meets a bunch of people who get to teach her HOW to deal with her trauma. spoiler!! you can't fix trauma with sex. i know, i know, getting screwed by spencer reid sounds like a fantastic thing, right? but that's not a healthy way to try to deal with emotional pain, and this story hopefully will reach people in emotional pain. this is a story to inspire others, not a story about having sex. so disgustingly long story short: i don't write smut, so if that's all you're here for, then i will give you time to click away.

#2. this is a heavy-ass story. like i have cried writing this, and i've not even been through some of the shit i put my characters through (i'm so sorry in advance). i mean, aside from the stuff criminal minds deals with on the regular, we're gonna talk about suicide. we're gonna talk about drugs, alcohol, emotional manipulation, broken families, mental illness... i mean, there's no end to the stuff i'm gonna get to, because like i said before, i want this to be real and vulnerable.

#3. on the topic of being real, FIN IS NOT PERFECT. she is going to make mistakes and she is going to massively screw up and you're gonna be mad at her. because she's HUMAN. you're gonna be pissed at absolutely everyone at some point in this story, because they are all gonna make mistakes. i'm not into writing fairy-tale goody-two-shoes characters, but i do like to write broken people on a journey to becoming whole. that journey's not easy, and neither are the obstacles you face on it. none of us are perfect, so neither are fin or spencer or any of the other characters in this story.

#4. spencer reid is the hottest fictional character to *ever* exist.

and on that note, i hope y'all enjoy this story! it's kinda my baby lol and i seriously love it, so i'm excited to share it with you. 

xx maia