1

Annie's POV

I looked into the mirror, everything looked just fine!
I sprayed some perfume on my collarbone and a little on my wrist. I watched the perfume trickle down my neck. I looked at the clock one last time before heading out. 9:00 pm. I took my bag and went to the party.

I've never had friends come to parties and clubs with me so I just come by myself. I know it sounds depressing, but it isn't. I love to come and dance to the music and listen to all the sounds and look up and see all the lights it just feels spiritual. Some people have different reasons to come to a club. Some dance to remember and some dance to forget. I don't dance for either of those reasons I just have fun. But I don't think much of it.
I never smoke. Drink, or take any substances in the clubs and never will. I never found it as a need so I don't come close to it. I'm only there for the music. I barely even talk to anyone! I guess that's one of the reasons my life is somewhat lonely. I try not to focus on those things though.

3 hours later:

After all that dancing I am exhausted. While walking back home I was imagining myself falling onto the bed and sleeping for 13 hours straight. It was already midnight I try to avoid leaving at such a late hour but I forgot to track the time. My apartment is, in somewhat a good neighborhood. It's a little farther away from the crimes that happen at night. So after thinking for a while, I decided to take a shortcut from the next alleyway ahead. I am so tired, all I want to do is come back home as fast as I can.

So I went in. It was very dark I saw some four-wheeled dumpsters and a lot of trash on the ground. I wanted to get this over quick so I started speeding up my walk but just as I started to do that, Thud! I accidentally hit my foot on this metal trash can on the ground. I didn't hurt at all but it was a very loud thunk. But a couple of minutes after that, something didn't feel right. There was this energy that unsettled me.
My intuition was giving a red alert.

Someone was following me.