8

Annies pov

"Okay bunny," he said and I slightly blushed

Today is Monday which means I have to go to work. I work at this crummy cafe not that far from my apartment it's not the best job but it's better than nothing.

" I have to go to work," I said rubbing my eyes. "I need to get ready"

"It's ok you can get ready, I have to go to practice anyway so.." he said slowly

"Alright I'll be back in a second," I said as I walked and got my waitress uniform and went to the bathroom and got dressed. It was white and light blue and I had my little name tag pinned to my chest. I looked in the mirror and saw my messy hair. I looked in the cabinet and thankfully found a toothbrush. "Hey Rocky come in here I found a toothbrush!" I yelled and heard his footsteps coming to the door. He opened it and came in, I gave him the toothbrush

We brushed our teeth, I finished first so I washed my face. I put on a little blush, mascara, and lipstick to make myself more presentable, by this time Rocky finished and leaned against the wall and just watched. I brushed my hair, and last but not least, perfume. Charlie by Revlon. It was the last gift my mom gave to me before she died. It feels sentimental but it's slowly running out. I put two sprays on my neck and smelled the peach, jasmine, and lily.

"I like the scent," he said cutting the silence "It's kinda like flowers" he added which made me slightly smile remembering my mother

"Yeah..," I said "My mom got it for me"

"She has good taste" he grinned

"She did" Without another word, I got out of the bathroom and got my purse, and wore my shoes. "Do you want something to eat before we leave?" I asked
"I'm good I'll get somethin later but before we leave," I looked at him "Do you have a paper and pen?"

"Yeah," I said and walked over to the coffee table and ripped out a piece of paper from my notebook, and took a pen. I gave it to him and saw him writing using the wall for something to lean on. He handed it over

xxx-xxx-xxxx

" if you ever wanna meet or talk or need help with anythin, I'll be here," he said and patted my shoulder.

"Okay," I said smiling at him "Thank you again for everything"

"No worries bunny

• • •

Working as a waitress is not easy, especially not
In this cafe. Usually, the customers are harsh. The first week I cried, by the second week, you get used to the treatment. I have some clumsy moments, sometimes I slip or don't get the right orders but I really try my best. It's just no one understands that. Not anymore.

I walked up to the man that sat at the table a minute ago.
" hello sir, I'm Annie ill be taking your order today how may I help you," I said and faked a smile

"Just coffee," he said annoyed

"Coming right on" I walked to the counter and got the coffee pot. I went over to the table and poured his coffee and unexpectedly, I just lost my balance a little, my hand moved and spilled from the cup onto the saucer, and a few drops on the table. My eyes widened a little. I knew this guy is going to be mad so I quickly apologized

"I'm so s-sorry sir, I'll get you some napkins!" I said with a rushed voice "Seriously woman, can't you just do your fucking job!" "can't even pour coffee into a cup!" he snapped making some heads turn.
"S-sorry sir!" I said and sprinted to get the napkins but as I was moving I bumped into Amy, another waitress who was serving a table near me, in her hand she had customers' pastries. In a split second, I found myself on the floor with Amy, pastries, and broken plates on the floor. And a piece of Apple pie smushed on the floor. 

Silence.

"I-I'm so sorry!" I rushed to get up and reach for Amy's hand. Amy, furious, didn't take it and got up herself. "I didn't mean for this to happen!"
Amy helped me clean the chaos I made and I got the man his napkins. And apologized to anyone I saw. My manager looked disappointed and furious and walked to the customers and apologized and gave a refund to Amy's table.

• • •

It was the end of the day and I just finished cleaning the last client's table. My manager came over, he was a middle-aged man that wasn't wildly nice but wasn't rude either, I guess he is just very professional. "Annie what happened today can't keep going on-"
" I know sir, I'm very sorry I promise it won't happen again. I was getting the man his napkins and I didn't see-"

"I don't need an explanation, but for the three months you've been working here, you're always clumsy, get the wrong orders, always slip, or spill and I can't keep forgiving you! You broke five plates already!"
I flinched as he yelled. It was the first time he actually did. And I've given you many chances but I can't anymore."

No, no, no, no this can't happen, I know where this conversation is going. "Sir I understand how you feel but I-I promise this won't 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 happen again, I'm trying my best-"  "No I can't give you any more opportunities cause I've already given you every opportunity to correct yourself! You're fired!"

"..... Sorry sir"
I took off my apron and name tag and put it on the table. I took my purse and left.

•••
this is pretty long! 980 wordssssss!!! Anyways comment about what you think and vote! <3 :D