11

Annie

After he told me about the pet shop, I felt like the rainy cloud above my head completely disappeared and turned into a colorful rainbow. It's been a while since I felt like that but I'm glad I do. For the first time in years, I feel like a rainbow. For the first time, I don't feel like a total failure, for the first time in years I don't feel alone. I feel warm and safe. Safe. What a gift God could grant to someone for them to influence people to feel safe. It really is a gift. Sometimes I wish I could make someone feel warm and safe but I barely feel that myself, so how should I expect myself to do that to others?

Enough of the bickering, I let go of Rocky and kissed his cheek lightly and softly. "Thank you." Which felt like the only thing I could say.

"Of course bunny, anything for you." He said softly while tucking a lock of hair behind my ear which sent tingles all over the back of my neck to my lower back. I looked up at him and I just couldn't help but blush at his words of affirmation.

I saw his muscled and strong back when he turned around, his legs were strong, he reminded me of a Greek god of some tale from ancient times. Like a sculptor's reference or a painter's muse. He was handsome.

I saw him tumbling with his thumb over the knob of the small radio on his table. As he was choosing a station, I decided to sit on a beat-up couch that he had in the middle of the room. It was covered in newspapers but I didn't move them, I guess they had a reason to be there in the first place. He turned around playing some soft rock of some 60's band

"Oh darling, don't sit on that couch it really is a nasty one." he said while chucking "Well, where will I sit then?"
"Umm..." he somewhat hummed while moving his eyes from side to side.
"You can instead... sit on my lap...?"

My head is blank. "......"
Oh. My. God. To sit on his lap. I was so flabbergasted I forgot to respond.
He looked at me worriedly "Hey, you still there...?"

"-Oh." I snapped back, "Sorry- Um... I'll do it." And I really did want to. I got up for him to take my spot.
"Ya sure sweet thing? I didn't mean to scare ya".

I crossed my arms facing him. "What?". He asked like a confused puppy. "You're the one who suggested it so sit down." I slightly pushed him to the couch and he sat down somewhat obediently. I took off my Mary Janes and slowly but surely sat down on his lap, back towards him. I felt his thighs and muscles, I felt his arms slowly around me as I leaned my back towards his hard chest, I put my head on his shoulder slowly turning it to his neck.

I felt him breathing harder. He was nervous. "Calm down, don't be nervous," I said quietly. I didn't try to do anything, I just want him to know I'm okay with this. "Alright bunny, you want this?" he asked in this rough sort of voice that felt so soft to me. "Yes, now hug me." I laughed a little.

"Yes, your Majesty" He chuckled at my desperateness and hugged me harder. I gave in to him and felt his warm body wrapped around me. I lifted my legs to make myself more comfortable and I just felt at home. His body was home.

...

For an hour or so, we just talked and laughed. I would feel the vibrations from his chest every time he spoke and my ear on his chest would hear his heartbeat if I paid enough attention. I told him about my childhood, about my memories, I mainly told him my favorite ones that were primarily with my mother.

He told me more about himself. How he was born here in Philadelphia, He was the only child in a Roman Catholic Italian-American family, and as a child, he never did well in school so he just dropped out of high school. He said it was hard and he still had trouble with normal things like reading and writing, but mostly spelling.

"It was hard ya know? But there is no point of cryin' bout it now is there?" he said. I can tell he was trying to get the mood better but that's when I had the idea. I lifted my head rather quickly and turned around, completely facing him, both legs on either side.
"I should help you with reading and writing!" I said excitedly "It'll be a waste of time". He spoke quietly while turning his head lightly, clearly not excited by my idea but I'm not giving up yet, "Why not? I can be your lil' tutor! Besides, it'll give us another reason to meet up". He still looked a bit skeptical but I slowly caressed his cheek "I promise I'll make it fun! You can read to me a book of your choosing, and we can do many things. I promise I won't hit you with a ruler like those ugly, old, wrinkly, teachers did to us". I said while laughing a bit and I did get a laugh from him as his brown eyes looked at me. "Fine, but only when I'm free from practice". He said while curling a piece of my hair.

"That's a deal!" I leaned and pecked a little kiss on his cheek for the second time tonight. He blushed again, just like me. But I turned completely red when I saw him looking at my position which only now I realized was somewhat inappropriate.

"I- sorry about that-" I tried to turn back to my old position but I felt his veiny hands on my waist. "No, you can stay like that."

I felt so hot all of a sudden. His words were just melting me every time. His softness even though he breaks people's noses for a living, his muscles, his voice, he was just making me feel something new.

"Oh, okay". I said but as I sat my bum back down, some new confidence in me appeared again and I just leaned in. And I felt my lips connecting to his.

...

Hey guys, I know it's been a while but I just randomly decided to come back to this book, anyway, write
What you think about this chapter!!! Bye-bye <3!