13

Annie

I decided to leave back to my home, with Rocky just escorting me back. Even though I told him I'd be alright walking back alone, he insisted on coming along. Of course, I didn't mind it, I also kind of like it. It's an aspect of him that I'm fond of, this protectiveness that is not obsessive or unhealthy, it's the most welcoming, like a role model or hero to save you, and I know that people would love that, he can be people's hero.

He had his hand on my waist as we walked through the dark streets of Pennsylvania, in a way, I'm kind of glad he came along because now I see all the creeps seem to back away. I mean, who would want to mess with a guy who looks like Rocky? With his muscles, and strong, standing posture. No man or woman would.

"I don't think I'll ever stop telling you this, but thank you for everything you've done for me." I blurted out. "I don't know, I guess no one has done a good deed for me so I guess I care for it too much."

Hu turned his head towards me, "You know, I wanna thank ya for being so close to me. Just your presence is a treasure." I look down rather shyly. I can't help I can't take compliments for the life of me so I just blushed and shrugged it off.

"Hows boxing going? Any new fights?" I asked kind of curiously. As we were walking I could tell he had a little grin on his face. Like he's been waiting to tell me all along.

"Well... I got a call from the world boxing champion..." he said as he walked while whistling a little tune waiting for my answer. Did he just say world champion-

"WHAT!? World champion!?!?" I said as I walked a little faster. "Yup." He said while looking down on the floor unfazed. I put on a frown. Why is so unbothered?

"Well, aren't you excited?" I asked genuinely confused by his body language. "To be honest with ya, I'm not even sure I'm gonna even do it..."

Huh?

The Italian Stallion doesn't wanna fight and possibly win and become world champion?

"Why?!" I asked rather desperate to know "I thought that what you wanted all along? To get a big breakthrough—"

"But why would he wanna fight me?!" He bursted out. "All he wants to do is just show the world that he can beat a the underdog and make a whole show bout it! It'll just be an embarrassment. I'm not in his league."

"Who said you can't win?" He stayed quiet. "What makes you think you are better less than him? Because you're an underdog? Well you are but that is your chance to change that! Don't be insecure with yourself Rocky, you have a good heart, and a good soul, and this your chance, don't miss out on it!."

He looked up at me with a glimmer of hope. "Do ya really think so...?" He asked softly. "Of course I do Rocky, I believe in you." I look into his eyes and saw them turn shiny.

"I think you're the first to say that" he says and I looked at him surprised and without a second thought, I made us stop and I just hugged him. The feeling of his strong body yet vulnerable state made this all more emotional.

"I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to hear it more often," I said and continued "but believe me when I tell you that it's all true, I really do, and I know that so many people will."

We finally reached my home. I turned around. I pecked him on the lips, "just think about it." I said as I gave him a last hug. "I'll see you tomorrow."

He gave me a tight hug and gave me a little kiss on the head before leaving.