[15.] Jealousy & A Misunderstanding

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Dao and TXT had just finished filming a performance video when Soobin got a notification on his phone. He was a huge fan of BTS but more a fanboy of Kim Seokjin than any of the other members.

Soobin had been waiting all week to watch the filmmaking video to the music video of BTS's 'Boy With Luv'. He looked like an excited puppy and it made Dao smile as she went to sit next to him. She might as well watch it too, she thought. She was missing Jin a lot today, but in the end, it just ended up upsetting her.

Everything was fine. BTS had been working really hard. It was practically a video of 80% hard work and 20% (more like a 120%) goofing around. Their collaboration partner, Halsey, looked really cool and fun to be around. She was laughing and dancing, and fitting right in with the boys.

Dao was okay with all of this. She was even okay with Jin helping Halsey with one of the choreography moves. What she wasn't okay with was what happened in the last two minutes of the video. Jin did his signature move; he put his hand to his lips and blew a kiss, but it wasn't to the camera but to Halsey. Dao felt something inside her sink as a frown embedded itself on her face and her heart rate picked up.

She fell back against the wall and Soobin immediately noticed. He was smiling and being a complete fanboy but in less than a second his smile dropped and his aura changed. He furrowed his brows before waving a hand in front of Dao's face.

"You okay?" he asked.

Dao was quick to snap out of it, at least when it came to the emotions on her face (not the emotions she was feeling). "Mn, I'm okay," she forced a smile. "Soobinie, I'm gonna head back to the dorm, I'm suddenly feeling really tired."

"Oh-Okay," Soobin hesitantly nodded. He quickly caught Dao's wrist as she went to stand up. "Yah, you sure you're okay?"

Dao kept a smile on her face. "I'm good. Just make sure our boys don't overwork themselves."

"Understood," Soobin promised.

***

Dao didn't go back to TXT's dorm but to Noeul's apartment. She'd already realized on her way there that what she was feeling was valid but pretty childish. She didn't need to be jealous, she shouldn't be jealous. Jin was only playing around with Halsey on set like he played around with his own members. It was nothing, it was normal.

Just then a notification chimed on her phone. Dao wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone but she still pulled her phone out of her pocket to check who it was. Jin's name was the first thing she saw.

WWH Jin

- Star let's meet at our place

Dao was about to respond and make up an excuse but she didn't get far.

- i know you've already left the Big Hit building
be there in one hour
i need to talk to you

Dao felt a sense of determination hit her, she rolled her shoulders back and nodded to herself.

- okay
i need to talk to you too

***

Jin was turning in nervous circles as he waited for Dao. He scratched the back of his neck. He knew why he needed to talk to her but why did she need to talk to him... was something wrong? Did he do something wrong? No, Jin thought and shook his head. If anything Dao was the one in the wrong, right?