[18.] Something Unexpected

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Jin could think of a few other things he'd rather be doing right now; running a marathon, streaking in the park, even losing his WWH title. But no, instead he was coming clean to his members about what it was they were so suspicious about.

Though he did talk it through with Dao first.

Last night....

Jin was staying another night at the apartment with Dao. He made them dinner and they were watching a movie in the living room. She was cuddled up in Jin's arms with his chin resting down on her shoulder.

He didn't want to ruin the mood so he waited until later.

"What's wrong?" Dao asked suddenly.

Jin had just gotten out of the shower and was drying his hair. She had noticed how different he was compared to the last three or four nights they stayed together. Jin was distracted. He would talk and laugh but then zone out almost immediately afterward, it wasn't like him and it made Dao worry that something was wrong.

She held her hand out for the hairdryer as Jin went to sit on the floor between her legs. Dao ran her fingers through his hair as she helped him dry it. It felt really nice. Jin leaned back against the side of the bed and rested a hand on Dao's knee.

Before Dao's permanent move to Korea Jin couldn't ever imagine finding someone worth being in a relationship with; there was so little time between practices, photo shoots, RUN BTS episodes, and world tours; but now he couldn't ever imagine his life without Dao in it. He didn't even want to try either, not even for a second. He was happy, so happy. Even if the time was short it was still worth it and he cherished every second.

"They're getting more and more suspicious," Jin said. "Since that last stupid RUN BTS episode they haven't stopped asking questions and teasing me. I can't help that I go red when I think about you!" he exclaimed in a whine.

Dao smiled and tried not to laugh at how much of a baby Jin was being. She finished drying his hair and set the dryer down on the bedside table but he wouldn't move. If anything Jin relaxed even more as he turned his head and rested his cheek against Dao's thigh, even wrapping his arms around the lower part of her leg.

Dao played with his hair and leaned down to kiss his temple. "You should tell them," she suggested.

"What?" Jin asked looking up at her.

"I think you should just tell them, don't you? They're your members, after all. You've been with them for years already. You trust each other, right?" Dao asked.

"Of course," Jin said without hesitation. "We've never kept anything from each other before it's just that... " Jin thought about telling Dao what he was really thinking but stopped himself. "Nothing. You'd be okay if I told them?"

Dao nodded and smiled. "As long as you're happy, I don't mind."

Jin smiled up at her. "You need to be happy too, not just me."

"I know," Dao said. "But if you're happy then I'm happy too. Besides we've been together for almost a year now. We can't hide it forever, at least not from the people closest to us."

Jin stood up as Dao went to crawl into bed and under the covers, he joined her a minute later and wrapped an arm around her. "It'd probably be better after I tell them. They can help cover for me to spend more time with you."

Dao smiled at Jin's words and cuddled more into his embrace.

Back when she first flirted with him at the Blood, Sweat & Tears fan meeting never did Dao actually think that she ever stood a chance with Jin. But look at them now, they'd come so far from only having an idol and fan relationship to getting ready to celebrate their one-year dating anniversary.