7. Severe Silence

...

*BEEEEP*
*BEEEEP*
*BEEEEP*

The heart monitor gradually faded, but beeped in a constant circle. It was like an alarm that wakes you up to get ready for another boring day. But this was no boring day, it was a mysterious, hurtful, and creeping on the low for a quarter of dreadful seconds.

Your eyes slowly flickered open and it hurted so much to the point where you just turned your head a little to the side to close your eyes again. You gave in on the pain and opened your eyes with the blur in sight. What happened? Your eyes finally got normal and you looked around. The Hospital. You tried to sit up but then the hurtful blizzard of pain strucked throughout your head. It felt as if a dozen of rocks were grazed into your memory. Why? Why did it feel like you've been on a spinning rollercoaster for too long?

It was no rollercoaster, it was darkness that had beat you up like a butcher cutting its meat that would sooner or later be passed on to someone else. "Hey- oh, take it easy" a cop with a mustache smiled and rushed over to you to sit by your side. You hovered your hand over your head to "stop" the pain from kicking in. "I'm Deputy Dewey, but you can call me Dewey" he smiled. You didn't reply, it hurt too much. You just layed down and sighed. Dewey then pulled out a notepad. You see him and groan. "Please..-" "I know, I know, I don't wanna get in your way either, but you were just in that situation, so which means..I have to.." he sighed.

You then froze. Casey. Casey..Where's Casey?!?! "Where's Casey..?" You asked. Dewey then looked at you with eyes full of sorrow, then looked back down and took his hat off to put it against his heart. "I'm sorry. She didn't make it" you furrowed your eyebrows. "What do you mean..?" Your heart started racing. "She was..murdered" he let it out sadly. Your eyes then widened extremely wide and you froze. "I'm sorry you had to witness all of that" he said.

"No" you whispered to yourself. "I'm sorry.." he said again to comfort you. Tears then pour out. It's all my fault, it's all my fault. WHY WAS I JUST STANDING THERE AND NOT OUTSIDE WITH HER?! "I'm really, really, really..sorry" he said once again. "It's all my fault.." "hey now..-" "If I was able to move out the way and fight with her, then she wouldn't be gone!!" You cried. "I know how hard it is, but I promise you that whoever did this, will get a knife stabbed in their back instead. Okay?" You didn't say anything, but instead, continued crying.

"I wanna go home!!" you cried more. "Where are my parents?!" You asked. "They're on their way, I promise you that it'll all be okay" Dewey comforted. "Please bare with me" he said. "I don't wanna be here right now.." you cried. "I know you don't, but this is probably the safest place for you right now" you just shook your head, but quickly stopped because of the pain.

You then touch the back of your head and felt a wrap around your head. It was like a soft headband that was handmade. Dewey then held your hand. "I'll only ask you two questions instead, okay?" He reassured. You just had tears continuously rolling down your cheeks. "Did you see what the killer looked like?" He asked. Your eyes shifted down to think, but it hurt too much. "No" you replied. He nodded and wrote it down. "Did you see where Casey went before the chair hit you?" He asked. "No. She disappeared after I turned around to see the front door open" Dewey furrowed his eyebrows.

"The front door opened?" You just looked at him. "I'm sorry, I know I said 2 questions, but this is concerning. Who came in the front door?" He asked. You just shrugged. "I don't know.." he nodded and wrote it down. "Y/n..-" he took a deep breath. "That was definitely a distraction so they could take Casey while you're not looking" you just sat there. This fucking sucked. You cried again. It was not to be emotional, but this was something to cry about. It was traumatizing.

"Get some rest, okay?" Dewey patted your arm. You didn't say anything as you just continued crying and he walked out the room to go talk to the nurses. You just layed down and tried to sleep while hurting in the inside.