3: His Secret

2011 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

Even as we both sat under the warm rays of the sun, I could still feel the heat radiating from his body. I didn't know what possessed me to agree to join him, but one smile from him and he had my knees turn to jelly.

“So Mr Blue eyes what’s your name?” 

We were sitting on a green metal bench that had absorbed the sun’s rays and was slightly burning the back of my legs. “Oh so you can ask me what my name is but I can’t ask you yours” he said with a mixture of amusement and curiosity.

I smilled cheekily whil pointing  my ice cream spoon at him “ah, no you can ask me what my name is but… I may not tell you”. He laughed and my heart seemed to skip a beat; it was hard for me not to feel hot when he licked a light trace of icecream from around his mouth. 

God what is wrong with me? I no nothing about him... but I really wanted to.

He readjusted his black pilot glasses that closely resembled mine “well then I won’t tell you my name until you tell me yours first”. 

I sighed, knowing by the smug look on his face that I wasn't going to get my own way. I shoved a dollop of chocolate ice cream into my mouth and was over joyed by the tantalising taste, god was a genius when he invented chocolate. I slipped the spoon from my mouth and looked over the beautiful blue sea that sparkled where the sun hit its surface, the wind stoked my face and I calmly breathed in the salty air. “I’m August Price”.

I looked back at him and was once again met by his wonderful smiled, “now that wasn’t so hard was it?” I punched his arm that he recoiled from “hey that hurt” he playfully said, while sticking his ripe bottom lip out. 

I rolled my eyes but laughed at his actions,“you big baby, now pay up”.

“I’m Grey…Masters”.

I clicked my tongue “Grey… seriously?”

“Yes! What’s wrong with Grey?" He looked so shocked  that I bit my lip to stop myself from giggling. I never giggled.

I shrugged “nothing, unless your named after a pen colour." It was so hard to keep a staright face while looking at him, but I found it fun teasing him.

Grey laughed and shook his head “this coming from the girl named after a month of the year”.

I punched him in the arm again “ouch, hey would you quit with the punching” I raised my eyebrows “or what Mr Grey?”

Grey rolled his eyes and scooted closer to me and leaned in, our faces only a breath away "this is what I’m going to do”.

I held back a shiver, his breath smelt of mint ice cream and I couldn’t help but imagine tasting every inch of his mouth with my tongue; that thought quickly stopped when I felt a cold sticky substance on my cheek “what the hell?” I wiped the substance off and looked down at my head seeing that Grey had splashed my cheek with his ice cream.

I looked at him with anger in my eyes which he returned with a cheeky smile “that’s what I was going to do”.

I wiped once more at my cheek and without breaking eye contact  I spoke “it’s on” then I grabbed my spoon and splashed ice cream at his face.

I choked on my laughter looking at the streak of chocolate ice cream going from his right cheek, over his nose to below his left eye. I was unable to hold back my laughter when the ice cream began to drip and Grey licked a bit that had fallen onto his lips “it’s nice”.