26: His Secret - Part 1

Ok, I'm actually quite excited about this chapter! A lot of characters appear and there is quite a lot going on =-)

Thanks so much for all your comments, votes and support. 

Hope you enjoy. 

.................................................................................

2011 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

With only three people in the whole house we sure seemed to turn it upside down.

I had driven back to my house to grab my dress while Andrea took a shower and styled her hair. However by the time I had gotten back she was running around the house in a towel carrying a dirty nappy, and looking for a naked Zach who was hiding behind the sofa. I smiled when his handsome face grinned back at me, and any other time I would have let him tease his mother but unfortunately we were on a deadline.

I laid my dress that was contained in a clear clothe carrier, over the sofa and picked up and giggling Zach.

“I can hear you Zach!” Andrea came bursting into the living room and stopped dead in her tracks when she found me carrying her very naked and happy Zach.

I eyed Andrea, whose wet hair was sticking to her flushed cheeks and had a dollop of cream on her forehead. “You ok?”

She stood up straight and rested the hand that wasn’t holding a dirty nappy, on her hip and scowled. “Do I look ok August?”

I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing, she looked stressed but I could see the nerves mixed with excitement she was hiding. “Chill, everything is going to be ok!”

She laughed “yeah of course it is, Zach and Chris are going to be in the same room and I’m going to have to stop him from getting to close or…” She stopped speaking and just looked down at the ground.

For a moment I felt guilty about the pressure I was putting her under.

I had told her we were bringing Zach with us and that Chris would be too busy to even speak to us let alone look at Zach. That had reassured her before but now she was slowly breaking down.

I stepped close to her and gently brushed wet strands of hair away from her face. “Andrea, everything is going to be ok. I’m going to be with you the whole time, Chris won’t recognise him”.

She slowly looked back at me and I smiled as I saw the tension slowly slip away from her body. “Ok”.

As I watched her walk away I bit my tongue to stop myself from telling her my plan. I was fully intending to let Chris see Zach and once that happened he would finally know he was a dad and how much Andrea loved him.

Andrea may hate me afterwards but that was a price I was willing to pay if one family could be reunited and have a happy ending. It seemed a family really needed that round here.

Without warning my mind flashed back to day my father was taken from me, the day I thought my family lost its happy ever after.

I was staring at the maths homework willing my brain to work out the answers, instead everything turned to mush and all I could think about was my father lying in his bed so close to his final breath.

I don’t know how it happened but one day after hunting down wanders he came back weaker without any physical injuries. At first he was tired all the time and would brush my worries off as stress but then eventually he couldn’t get out of bed, then he could hardly move until finally he was too weak to even feed himself.