20: His Secret

It seems that Zach stole the show on the last chapter x

Don't worry there is plenty more of the cute little thing in this chapter =)

Just another big thank you to everyone who is supporting me and this story, it means a lot to me so thanks :D

Oh, if you could please check out my other story 'A theif and a pack of wolves" you should like it (hopefully) xx

.........................................................................

2011 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

I was sleeping happily and peacefully, the sensation of my body resting on the mattress was wonderful and if it hadn’t been for the constant tapping on my arm I would have said this would have been perfect night.

I grudgingly opened my eyes and slowly blinked back the haze that made the darkness resemble black smoke. The tapping continued and soon followed with a whispering of my name “August, wake up”.

Again more tapping.

“August, August...”  I grabbed the person's hand and quickly spun my head to meet the person who had ruined my peaceful sleep.

It was Andrea.  I released her arm and looked at the bedside clock and back at her again “Andrea it’s 2:00 in the morning, what do you want?”  I cringed at my own tired and stiff voice; my body was weighing me down like it was protesting against me from being up so early.

Well it wasn’t my fault.

“I can’t sleep from thinking so much”. Her eyes looked so bright with energy which at this moment I was extremely annoyed about, all I wanted was for her to go away and let me sleep. I’m not being a bitch I just like my sleep; I’m a werewolf for god’s sake!

I sighed and sat up “what were you thinking about?” Andrea readjusted her position and sat crossed legged don the bed to face me. I leaned on my soft cushions trying to fight the blanket of sleep that was falling over me, when did I last have a good night’s sleep?

“You remember when I told you why I had started to dress like a Punk?” I nodded not be able to find my voice again.

“Well I want to do what you said, face the world. So I came up with a brilliant idea”.

I was actually shocked to see her so excited, every time I had spoken to her Andrea was always so calm yet snapped at the world. Right now she looked like a child on Christmas morning, it actually made me smile. I cleared my throat “what’s the plan?” I jumped slightly when she captured my hand in her very cold one, “why are your hands so cold?”

Andrea rolled her eyes “just follow me!”

I didn’t ask any more questions, instead silently followed her out of the spare bedroom, past Zach’s room where Andrea mouthed  to stay quiet, down the stairs and out the back door. Her back garden was a small prefect square, the floor was paved with a white metal table and chairs in the centre and a large L shaped flower box in the right hand corner. The box was filled with a variety of flowers which gave of a wonderful smell; the brick wall surrounding the garden had lush green leaves climbing up them giving the small space a sense of space and magic. The garden light shown on an old barrel near the back door and a pile of clothes resting against near it, I had no idea what was going on.

Andrea dropped my hand and walked over to the barrel. I stood still and silent as she lit a match and dropped it into the barrel resulting in a wave of flames to ignite and rise up. The heat was almost instant as it rose from the barrel and around her paved garden, the light of the fire illuminated Andrea and I was struck by how much her red hair seemed to glow.