14: His Secret

I've been going over many ideas for the new title for the story but....

it always comes back to His Secret 

In a way I was wrong, the name does fit the story as August is in love with Grey and his secret will affect their future!! That's if they get a future... I'm not saying any more LOL

Also with the popularity of the story I have set up a face book page for it. - 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/His-Secret-x/136609876413823

Its a place for all things 'His Secret' Read teasers, keep up to date on chapter progress, ask questions and just generally say hi. =-)

.........................................................................

 2011 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

I didn’t know how long I sat there for; my arms were wrapped round my legs with my head resting on my raised knees. The empty house began to drive me mad as my ears picked up the constant sound of the clocks, the humming fridge and a left on TV upstairs. Outside I could hear the sea hit the sand again and again, the seagulls singing overhead and fishing men out on their boats.

I squeezed my eyes shut trying to block everything out when I eventually had enough. I stood up and ran upstairs to my room grabbing my mobile of my dressing table and began to ring Macy. I needed a friend right now.

I shook my head when I remembered holding my mother’s throat squeezing the life out if her. I wanted her to feel the pain she had inflicted on me but that person about to punish her mother wasn’t me, I was better than that.  “Hello”

Joy filled every inch of my body “Macy I really need to talk to you”.

“Sorry what?”  Wherever she was wasn’t a quiet place. There was music and screaming blazing out of the phone and I just about managed to single her voice out “its August, I need to talk to you!” More screams and then her name being called “look I’ve got to go bye August”.  The phone line went dead and I leant against the wall sad and alone.

My best friend couldn’t talk to me.

I strolled over to the mirror and sighed when I saw myself, not only did I feel mentally exhausted I also looked it too.

My skin looked pale and my blue eyes seemed to have lost their glow, my hair was slightly ruffled from being held down but overall I just looked tired.

There was no denying it now, I hated Rachel and my mum but what was strange was I didn’t hate Lizzie. I don’t forgive her or anything, it was way too soon for that but right now it was like we were getting to know each other once again and it felt good.

Then it clicked, I had let Rachel and my mum crush me. Yes my wolf nearly came out and ripped my mum apart but she shouldn’t have spoken about dad like that, I hated his name even leaving that mouth of hers.  As for Rachel her comment about not being wanted had stung and raised some deeply buried dreams to be a family again but this was Rachel and she was never going to change.

I looked down at my phone and smiled, if Macy could go out and have a good time then so could I.

…………………………

“CHUG, CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!!!” the group of men chanted loudly around me as I was stood on a chair downing a large pint of beer. I was having too much fun to even register the alcohol burning my throat or my drunkenness kicking up a gear.  I slammed the empty glass down and screamed along with the crowd of men who were drunk and having a good time.  I stumbled off the chair and into the arms of good looking lad with deep black hair and sharp green eyes that had seemed to see into my soul. His facial features were soft yet strong and his smile had an evil edge to it which had me slightly swooning.