7: His Secret

2011 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  

I collapsed on the bed not caring that the moisture that still clung to my clothes seeped into the fresh covers.

Surprisingly I liked the room I was in, the deep orange walls and oak floors kept the room temperature cool yet it still felt warm and homey. The bed I was laid on was king size and was made from deep rich wood that matched the bed covers that were white with orange swirls along the bottom. There was a walk in wardrobe ahead of the bed that I barely filled and next to my vanity table was a door that lead to the en - suite complete with power shower and Jacuzzi bath tub. My mothers and sisters had done very well for themselves but it was still all bought with money that they had managed to scrape of innocent rich werewolves. 

I was looking forward to meet Lizzie's fiancé called Guy, if he was friends with Grey and managed to survive my sister for this long then he was something really special. There was a party tomorrow, it was a kind of a meet and greet thing that allowed everyone to introduce themselves before the wedding. I thought it was pointless seeing as we still had the bridal shower and rehearsal dinner to get through; but knowing Lizzie it was another excuse to dress up pretty.

I suddenly remembered Grey's warm embrace and the way his hot lips kissed tormented me against my neck. I had so badly wanted more of him but the need to return the favour of getting soaked had been itching in my mind. I was very excited to see Grey again because I had no idea what he had in store for me.

There was a knock on the door and I groaned because I really need to be alone. "Come in" I lent up on my elbows and watched Kiera walk in the room with a glint in her eyes that screamed 'evil plan'. 

"What are you up to Kiera?" she stood in front of my bed and smiled but stopped when she noticed my hair and clothes "err August why are you all wet?"

"Long story" I got off the bed and headed to the bathroom "what can I do for you Kiera?" I rummaged through the towel rack and choose the softest towel I could find and placed in by the shower along with a head towel. "Guess who just asked me out?" I dropped the bottle of shampoo in the sink and rushed out of the en -suite "you’re kidding me? I really did knock some sense into Paul!!" 

"Its not Paul!"

I looked at Kiera's glum face suddenly feeling very confused "well if Paul didn't ask you out then who did?"

"ITS JACK!"

Oh please tell me she's joking "come again?"

She giggled and perched herself on my bed "this morning when you were out me and Jack went to the beach to just chill and well he asked me out and I said yes". I didn't say anything, the silence allowed me to think about this situation and I didn't understand how she could move on so quickly?

Just last night she was in so much pain of having been rejected by Paul and now she's going out with Jack. I sat next to her "you've lost me! I thought you liked Paul and now you are dating his brother... Thats just wrong".

She rolled her eyes "He is my soul mate and my mother once told me that males get very protective of their mates so..."

It all clicked so I finished her sentence for her "so you’re going to date Jack to make Paul jealous and protective over you!" 

Kiera laughed "yep you got it in one and I really need your help".

I sighed "with what?"

Why was I even asking??

"Well everyone has been invited to a cheese and wine party at this new hotel opening, and I want you to help me dress up!"

"Firstly why do you need my help, you look amazing in everything you wear; and secondly I wasn't invited".

Kiera sighed "I'm invitting you and... she looked down at her hands that were rubbing nervously together. "I just need your opinion because at the moment my confidence has been knocked down a peg or two".

I gripped her hands. "Kiera look at me!" 

The authority in my voice actually scared me and Kiera instantly looked at me and I could see the fear in her eyes. She wanted Paul and she believed this was the way to get him. Kiera was my friend so I was going to help her "Kiera don't let a bitch like Rachel or a prick like Paul ruin your confidence. If my help is what you want then that's what you will get". Kiera's arms suddenly embraced me in a hug which I kindly returned, she pulled away "thanks but may I give you some friendly advice" 

"Sure" 

"Get a shower because you stink of lake water" she dashed to the door and barely missed my incoming pillow "thanks very much Kiera"

I heard her running down the corridor "you’re welcome!!"

..............................................................

I sat silently at the breakfast table sipping a fruit smoothie while trying to drown out Lizzie's and Rachel's voices. Rachel was once again sat next to me and had eaten a handful of grapes and was now painting her toe nails deep red. I had complained when she first began telling her to go somewhere else and that I didn't want to eat with the smell of nail varnish so close but she screamed for mum telling her how awkward I was being.

In the end my apparent moaning resulted in the chef not being allowed to make me breakfast and the smoothie I was given I had to beg for. I had wanted to leave the kitchen a while ago but Lizzie had insisted that I stay so she could tell me about her party dress and the amazing people I was going to meet.

Jack suddenly entered the kitchen, his dazzling blond hair and pale skin made him very handsome but Jack was quite shy. When I had first met him he had tried his hand at flirting but the others were more outgoing in their flirting techniques than Jack; he was funny, kind and had a brilliant smile so overall I liked him a lot. His blue eyes were dark almost navy colour and his tall thin body was framed in jeans and a white polar shirt. Sometimes I could hardly believe Jack and Paul were brothers, they were nothing alike. Jacks hair was a dazzling blonde where as Paul's hair was a dark muddy blonde that he liked to lazily run his fingers through. Jack was tall and thinly built but for Paul he was more muscle but their both of their crystal blue eyes gave away that they were brothers, As I said before Jack was quite shy but you could get on really well with him but talking to Paul the topic sex would bounce up and he was more out there and forceful. A regular play boy and I had no idea what the moon goddesswas thinking when she paired him with Kiera.

"Hey Jack" those two words were the first I had said in over an hour.

"Hey August, Rachel .... Lizzie" and he almost whispered Lizzie's name. When Lizzie looked up from her cereal and smiled at Jack he blushed and sat down beside me. His reaction was so quick I had almost missed it, maybe Jack had feelings for someone else? "So you and Kiera!" I smiled cheekily at Jack who rubbed the back of his head and quickly glanced at Lizzie who seemed to have suddenly become more involved in our conversation. "Yeah I asked her and she said yes so..."

"You do like her right?"

He nodded too quickly "yeah of course".I had been around liars my whole life to know he wasn't telling the truth but I couldn't call him out on it because Kiera was only using him to get to Paul.

"Can you pass me the juice Lizzie?" Jack spoke softly towards Lizzie whose excitable glow seemed to have dimmed. "Yeah sure".

I watched closely as she passed him the jug of juice that I wasn't allowed to have any of and  their hands brushed up against each other longer than necessary. "Pass her the juice moron" Rachel's bitchy voice ruined their little moment and had Lizzie shoving the juice at Jack and standing up .

"I'm going out" and then she stalked out the kitchen.

What the hell was that about??

..................................................

Do you love me or what!!!! Two uploads in one day =) 

Before I forget if you have guessed Grey's secret please don't say it on comments because it will ruin the story if your right and I really want to keep it a secret!!!! :)

Thanks and please keep commenting and voting xx