18: His Secret

Another long awaited chapter... I know I'm sorry about the wait. I was meaning to get this up sooner but things got in the way but here I'am now :)

Now I know a lot of people are getting frustrated with waiting for the secrets but I'm afaid I can't rush it, you will have to hold on a little while longer ( well for Grey's secret anyway) LOL x

BIG thanks to everyone who has fanned, voted and commented !!!!!!!!

Oh and cast pictures on the side >>>>

...................................

2011 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

 I was sitting on Jack’s bedroom floor wrapped up in a blanket, wanting sleep but not being able to find it. The sun had begun to peel back the layer of the night as the very early morning light began to fill the room.

I snuggled into the blanket bringing it up higher to rest on my cheek; it was something I had done since I was a child. I closed my eyes wishing sleep to take me but when I found myself just lying there, stiff and un-comfy I knew it was hopeless. 

I stood up quickly and with one last look at Jack who was still sleeping soundly I quietly exited the room.

Walking through the empty streets of the early hours of the morning was a new experience for me. I glanced at a few shops that seemed to be waking up with the owners inside preparing for the day; I happily enjoyed the peace and the gentle rays of fresh new sunshine.

The border of the forest came into sight and I smiled inhaling the comforting scent of leaves, oak and grass. I hurried my pace and took a rather un-even path into the forest searching for the right place to shift. Coming across a small clearing surrounded by trees I began to undress; when the warm air hit my bare skin I shivered in delight and opened my senses to everything around me. I could smell the fresh water as it danced over the rocks of a stream nearby, I could hear a bird feeding their hungry chicks and when I opened my mouth and licked my bottom lip I could taste the scent of a bear.

I allowed the change to consume me, my back broke causing me to fall on all fours, followed by my arms and legs. The fresh grassy ground became my bed as I felt my body crumble, it was painful but I had been through it so many times that I grown used to it. The pain was the price I had to pay to become my wolf, and to feel that free it was worth all the pain.

I closed my eyes for the last phase and with one last sickening snap and twist, my change was complete. As soon as I opened my eyes and was welcomed into the world that my human body could never see I took off running.  

I howled as I ran, over joyed to stretch my legs that pounded so gracefully through the forest. The trees past me so quickly that soon they became invisible. I hunted out the scent of the bear and when it came close I slowed my pace to a light jog. 

I closed in my senses to the bear’s rugged breathing, its feet thumping along the ground and the rhythm of its heart beat, its sound pulsing in my ear.

Nothing could break this moment.

I charged my four legs with energy, feeling it build up sent shocks through my body and my fur shook in response. When I felt fit to burst I released, charging with everything I had straight at my prey.

The sound of my claws tearing its flesh like paper filled my ears, then quickly as possible I sunk my teeth into its perfectly exposed neck. The bear screamed in agony but with the taste of its blood in my mouth I blanked out its pain; I was the hunter and it was my prey.

I held on to the bear tightly as it thrashed violently, its own claws attempting to rip me off its body. With one final roar the bear fell to its stomach, its life flying away.